Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Sep 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Adventures in Public Transport:The Return - Day 16 - Testing Maxpass for our Final day

(I’m going to make apologies that my note taken went a bit by the wayside today so the report is a bit gappy…Sorry)

Today was the last full day of our holiday and all about re-riding our favourites and just taking in the atmosphere. It was forecast to be 34 degrees today so we knew a midday swim would be needed too. We decided to head to the DL park first but also wanted to ride Radiator Springs Racers at night so we decided this would be the perfect time to test out the new maxpass option as we could pick up the fast pass for this but be in the other park. I scanned our tickets before we left the hotel but couldn’t fully activate the max pass until we had entered the parks for the day.

We headed out around 9.30am and after passing through turnstile I activated the max pass and paid the $10 each for it. This would also give us photo pass for the day. The first fast pass we picked up was for Indie as it’s DH favourite. While we were waiting for the time slot to open up for this we rode Thunder Mountain and Pirates. After riding Indie we checked RSR and as it was nowhere near the evening slots yet I picked up a Star tours FP instead and we headed to ride Buzz while waiting for this to open up. We past a photo pass photographer on the way so decided to get a couple of shots done.

After riding Startours (and still not getting the Jakku scene much to DS disappointment) we headed to grab some lunch. DS had requested Galactic Grill so we headed there and shared a couple of the speciality burgers and a strawberry lemonade complete with Deathstar Glocube. While we were eating I kept an eye on the RSR FP’s. They were moving a little but still not at the 7pm to 8pm slot we were after. As it was super hot by now we decided to have a look around the Star Wars Launch. There was only a short queue for the Darth Vader meet and greet so we headed on in. DS had the death star glocube with him so told Vader he had stolen and shrunk the deathstar. It was pretty funny.

Once we had finished here the FP time for RSR had finally hit the 7pm to 8pm slot so I selected those on the app and we decided to head out of the park for a break. We were going to catch the monorail but it wasn’t operating due to the heat! So we headed out through the main gate and cut through the Grand Californian for some air conditioning.

We got back to the Paradise Pier around 1.30pm and headed down to the pool. It was lovely to cool off a bit. DS had fun on the waterside and DH and me treated ourself to some cool drinks. I didn’t take the camera down with me so didn’t get proper photos of the pool. These are just some screen shots from a video I took from the room.

We stayed there for a few hours, heading back up to the room around 4.30pm. Whilst the men were getting changed I logged onto the app and picked up a FP for Toy Story Mania. It’s quiet a nice perk of maxpass that once its activated for the day you can use it outside the park.

We headed back into the park just before 6pm and headed to Paradise Pier area. We rode Toy Story Mania and Fun Wheel, then DH & DS rode Golden Zephyr before heading to Pacfic Wharf Cafe area to grab a bite to eat. I went for the Chicken Peso Sandwich as I wanted a Boudin fix and DS choose something from the Mexican Counter.

By now it was coming up sunset and I really wanted to catch the Carsland lighting as we have never seen this. We headed in and grab a seat on the main street near the Cozy Cones. We had a bit of a wait but after a while the staff all started lining up along the street and soon SH-Boom was playing and one by one the lights came up.

After taking in the atmosphere for a bit we headed onto RSR to use our fastpass. I love this ride at night as the photo proves :

From here we rode Luigi’s and Mater before heading to Starbuck for a caffeine pick up to keep us going. By now it was 9.40pm and with DCA due to close soon we decided to head back over to the DL park. Just before we left DCA I picked up a fast pass for Thunder Mountain which could be used almost straight away. As we were heading through the park we passed the Date Night at Disneyland that they do on Saturday nights. They have a live band and swing dancing. It was great to watch.

After riding Thunder we picked up a FP for Buzz but when we got there it was down. They did say we could use it for any other ride through so we rode Star Tours instead, still no luck with the Jakku Scene. Buzz was still down when we got off so instead we picked up a FPS for the Matterhorn for DH and DS that again could be used within 5 minutes. By now it was 11.30pm and with everything done that we wanted to we slowly walked out the park. It always feels sad to be leaving.

Despite being almost midnight, the shops in DTD were still really busy as we walked through. I think I must have been about 1.30am by the time we eventually went to sleep but with no plans for tomorrow other than packing it didn’t really matter.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What good use of the maxpass!

I see you have another countdown - exciting

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What good use of the maxpass!

I see you have another countdown - exciting
Yes managed to pick up some good flights yesterday into San Francisco and our of LA. It's the earliest I've had flights booked in a long time
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh yes - it was hot today! Bet it was nice in the pool.

How exciting to have your next flights booked. Where are you planning on going this trip?
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Oh yes - it was hot today! Bet it was nice in the pool.

How exciting to have your next flights booked. Where are you planning on going this trip?
Yes definitely a hot one! Not sure for our next one. We're having to change our original plans around as I got diagoniase with Skin Cancer back in October (literally a week after I booked the flights ). We're trying to work out if we can sensibility keep out of the sun middle of the day.
Old 23 Dec 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh Im sorry to hear that - hope everything goes well and you can sort out your holiday plans easily whatever you decide to do. Take care and Merry Christmas x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List