Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lelmo
Trying for More Ears

I just had a very long, very frustrating online chat. I thought I was covered as I'm on a 'refresh' contract but apparently it only applies to 'flexible refresh' contract, whatever that means.

She did say they were planning on rolling it out to all contracts though. I said I was travelling in September and she said she didn't want to make any promises but that it should have been rolled out by then.

Take that with the giant pinch of salt that online chat deserves, but I'll be keeping an eye out! She said customers would be emailed when it changed.
Lelmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lelmo View Post
I just had a very long, very frustrating online chat. I thought I was covered as I'm on a 'refresh' contract but apparently it only applies to 'flexible refresh' contract, whatever that means.

She did say they were planning on rolling it out to all contracts though. I said I was travelling in September and she said she didn't want to make any promises but that it should have been rolled out by then.

Take that with the giant pinch of salt that online chat deserves, but I'll be keeping an eye out! She said customers would be emailed when it changed.
Thanks for sharing, as normal with a lot of these offers its always new customers before existing.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thanks for posting. I have an o2 refresh contract but not the right one...
I registered my displeasure at lack of value for customer loyalty. To qualify I’d need to pay off my contract but the tariff would not be that different.
Old 7 May 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for posting. I have an o2 refresh contract but not the right one...
I registered my displeasure at lack of value for customer loyalty. To qualify I’d need to pay off my contract but the tariff would not be that different.
That's so frustrating its always the same 'New Customers only' or 'New Contracts Only'
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am still going to ring them tomorrow and see where I get as got nowhere on chat. I may look to go to EE on renewal who the rest of my family are with as they find them good and more flexible than 02!

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

i've just come off of the phone with O2 customer services and she has confirmed to me that as i am on a new refresh contract of which i'm only a month in i am covered by the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On.
Still not convinced though as i've just been onto their website and read that you have to be on the 4gb data or above and i'm only on the 2 gb.
I think to be on the safe side i'll stick to using wifi for downloading and not data, last thing i want is to come home to a huge bill..

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fameronecow View Post
i've just come off of the phone with O2 customer services and she has confirmed to me that as i am on a new refresh contract of which i'm only a month in i am covered by the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On.
Still not convinced though as i've just been onto their website and read that you have to be on the 4gb data or above and i'm only on the 2 gb.
I think to be on the safe side i'll stick to using wifi for downloading and not data, last thing i want is to come home to a huge bill..
Well if you’re willing to wait until you’re out there you’ll receive a txt when you land that will confirm your allowances. That’s the only reason I knew I was covered...

Welcome to USA. Your tariff includes roaming here. You get 120 minutes, 120 texts and all the data you need each day at no extra cost, subject to our fair usage policy. Your daily allowance applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city of this country. Charges for your usage whilst you're here may initially appear in your My O2 account but don't worry. If you stay within your daily allowance, you will not be billed and My O2 usage will correct itself within 3 hours of first appearing. If you go above your daily allowance you will be charged International roaming rates. For more information on International roaming rates visit o2/inclusive-zone Call 112 for emergency services.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Well if you’re willing to wait until you’re out there you’ll receive a txt when you land that will confirm your allowances. That’s the only reason I knew I was covered!

thank you and yes i think that's what i'll do
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Well if you’re willing to wait until you’re out there you’ll receive a txt when you land that will confirm your allowances. That’s the only reason I knew I was covered...

Welcome to USA. Your tariff includes roaming here. You get 120 minutes, 120 texts and all the data you need each day at no extra cost, subject to our fair usage policy. Your daily allowance applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city of this country. Charges for your usage whilst you're here may initially appear in your My O2 account but don't worry. If you stay within your daily allowance, you will not be billed and My O2 usage will correct itself within 3 hours of first appearing. If you go above your daily allowance you will be charged International roaming rates. For more information on International roaming rates visit o2/inclusive-zone Call 112 for emergency services.
I think this is the only way to be sure. I just messaged my nephew, who works for O2, and even he wasn't sure of what tariffs qualify for free roaming or not!
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think this is the only way to be sure. I just messaged my nephew, who works for O2, and even he wasn't sure of what tariffs qualify for free roaming or not!
I’m actually not surprised! I have only very recently upgraded to my O2 refresh contract and it wasn’t mentioned anywhere obvious in the tariff details so I just assumed I wasn’t covered... Until I arrived in Chicago a couple of days later to the above txt that is 😊
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List