Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jan 14, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Really Not Wanting To Do Disney Now With FP+ being introduced

As the title says now that FP+ is fully up and running I really am going off the idea of doing Disney this year. The men (DH and DS almost 16) couldn't care less but DD (14) is really keen to go.

Originally we were staying on site and thought that the FP+ would be a bonus BUT now we are staying off site as we want extra space rather than being crammed into one room. The whole needing to use machines to book FP+ in the park in the morning just seems like such a flaff.

I get that FP+ will be good for on site guest but it seems rubbish for those staying off site. I know its a perk for on site and I think it's right BUT I wish they would do what Universal do and allow off site guests to purchase a similar benefit.

Think I'll try convincing DD again that we really don't need to do Disney

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I'm yet to try it and will be an offsite guest so I feel a little agrieved by the ability not to book in advance... however what I will say is surely visiting a machine to book ALL you FP+ has got to be better then running to each attraction and using a machine to get a fast pass?
Old 28 Jan 14, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
I'm yet to try it and will be an offsite guest so I feel a little agrieved by the ability not to book in advance... however what I will say is surely visiting a machine to book ALL you FP+ has got to be better then running to each attraction and using a machine to get a fast pass?
I thought that too - but recently I have read on a few sites about how long it takes if/when the people in front of you don't know which rides they want to book. At least before if you were in the queue to get a FP for a particular ride you knew people wanted to ride it.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hi Lynn , got to confess Im going to have a hard job with my lot now for any return trip, they complained enough before about having to plan our park days so for us this will make it harder. The old FP system really worked for us but this, not so much I suspect . If we go back, I can foresee I will be taking day trips to Disney on my own while they hang out around Universal

I hope it works out for everyone, it's a big change to adjust to . I just feel for those people who aren't on sites like this and just pitch up on the day not knowing what the heck is going on !

I'm still v envious of you going back this year. All the blasted tv ads for Florida just rub it in
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We're missing out Disney altogether this year and spending the money on dc tickets with a trip to bg. DS loves test track and one fast pass for this isn't great for us and don't fancy spending the day queuing for it. Now that we've made the decision not to go we're really not that bothered
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 14, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
karengi
Apprentice Imagineer

karengi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I hope it works out for everyone, it's a big change to adjust to . I just feel for those people who aren't on sites like this and just pitch up on the day not knowing what the heck is going on !
(
A lot of people who aren't aware of what's going on possibly didn't utilise the old fast-passes to their utmost anyway. Maybe off-site guest will be able to use my Disney Experience soon to book their fast-passes prior to the visit then a lot of this will be a non-issue.

I haven't experienced it yet but am really looking forward to trying this when we go in October. I know we'll have a fab time no matter what and there is no way this would put me off going to Disney whether on-site or off-site.

One thing I thought would was it would be a good idea for Disney to have these kiosks outside the parks front gates so that people can sort their fast passes while they are waiting for entry in the morning before rope drop. But maybe that's not possible.
Villa in Westridge 2016 * OKW Oct 2014 *OKW Oct 2012 * SSR Oct 2010 * Lake Buena Vista Resort Oct 2009 * Pop Centry/Cypress Point 2007 * Villa in Westridge 2006 * Port Orleans RS/Orange Lake/Fort Lauderdale 2002 * Sheraton Vistana/Westage Vacation Villas 2001 * Silver Lake/Orange lake 2000 * Westate Vacation Villas 1988
karengi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
My cowntdown down is similar to yours, I'm hoping that off site guest maybe be able to book fp+ in advance by the time we go... you never know!
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

It is possible that booking in advance may be available to off site guests at a later date. It may be done the same way that trips and perks can be secured on Disney Cruise Line. On site guests at 60 days. Off site guests at 30 days. This is merely conjecture. Until it's all bedded in and Disney start to tweek things - who knows?
I think people are panicking unnecessarily. Let it bed in and then make a decision.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

If you can, watch this weeks episode of Attractions magazine the show (free) as they show the FP+ in operation and how it works for offsite guests. It might help for you to see this? I found it interesting to watch.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 14, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Where do you watch that about?
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread