Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Extra Magic Morning or Evening Hours?

We are staying on site this summer as we have done previously at Easter in previous years.

Looking at the park hours, there seems to be a lot less EMH's or is it just my memory playing tricks on me?

On previous trips I remember at times there being several parks with EMH's but now it is just limited to 1 per day, and it is only morning or evening not both at different parks (hope this makes sense).

Are they likely to add more EMH's closer to the time or have paid for events taken the place of EMH's?

Very interested to hear your experience and views

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There are less which last fewer hours (for evening EMH) as a result of Disney having monetised so many additional events. I like morning EMH and stay in the park until about 2pm as so long as you’re near the front you can really get a lot done the first two hours, stay ahead of the wave the next hour then use your three FPP. After that it’s too crowded for me. I don’t personally like evening EMH as you have to wait too long for the crowds to thin and then I’m battered the next day.
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
There are less which last fewer hours (for evening EMH) as a result of Disney having monetised so many additional events. I like morning EMH and stay in the park until about 2pm as so long as you’re near the front you can really get a lot done the first two hours, stay ahead of the wave the next hour then use your three FPP. After that it’s too crowded for me. I don’t personally like evening EMH as you have to wait too long for the crowds to thin and then I’m battered the next day.
Our eldest daughter (17) and I are both night owls and enjoyed the evening EMH's. We were often some of the last people out of the park We then managed to get up at a sensible time the next day to do it all again - there's something about Disney that gives us the energy and stamina to keep going all day every day

Sleep is very overrated in Disney

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post
Our eldest daughter (17) and I are both night owls and enjoyed the evening EMH's. We were often some of the last people out of the park We then managed to get up at a sensible time the next day to do it all again - there's something about Disney that gives us the energy and stamina to keep going all day every day

I’m a morning person. I’m up at 5.30am for work every day so getting up between 6 and 7 for EMH is a lie in for me! I can’t do both ends of the day though. I do aim for one evening EMH at MK to do Mine Train, BTM and Splash in the dark.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
It’s not just me then - there does appear to have been a reduction of EMH’s

What other benefits of staying on site have changed?

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In recent years AK has almost daily EMH and more recently HS had daily since Toy Story land opened- to help battle the crowds- It was really frustrating if off site because you had no chance of rope dropping new attractions. 3hr wait for FOP before we were even let in the park.
Both these have now stopped so it will seem like there are a lot less especially combined with the paid events.
The only EMH in MK for our 10 day trip is the morning we are going to MNSSHP so not really the best day as we would be stretching both ends of the day.
I'm surprised by how few evening hours there are now- not that I would be up that late.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
It is a shame as the evening EMH's are the ones we like the most

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Old 24 Feb 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post

I’ve never done EEH due to having young children but I totally agree with you! The energy I had last time was shocking! My OH was shattered come 6pm and I was itching to go to another park most night 😂 my eldest is 9 now I’m wondering if me and him could carry on and leave OH back at the hotel ? 🧐🤔

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

As a night owl I'm not happy at the lack of EMH evenings - I'm there from 3-24 May and the only parks with evening extra hours are MK and EPCOT and even then only until 11.00pm.
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Originally Posted by DanniC View Post
I’ve never done EEH due to having young children but I totally agree with you! The energy I had last time was shocking! My OH was shattered come 6pm and I was itching to go to another park most night 😂 my eldest is 9 now I’m wondering if me and him could carry on and leave OH back at the hotel ? 🧐🤔
Definitely keep on going the evening EMH's are great

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort