Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Aug 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

"Magic"al Norway and Iceland Disney Cruise - Travel Day/Copenhagen - 13th August 2018

This cruise was our 5th, but 4th Disney cruise. We have sailed on the Dream twice, the Wonder in Alaska (that was a fantastic cruise - I did a trip report and I will put the link below) and this was our first time on the Magic - it is now our favourite. Despite being full, it never felt like it, there were no queues for characters and the service was excellent.

Just a quick introduction. I am Hayley (45) - I am the one who spends all my evenings on the Dibb getting tips. my husband Martin (51) who is the flight, hotel and car booker and our two daughters, Emma (17) who is about to start her 2nd year of A Levels and Katie (14) who is about to start her GCSE studies.

We are all Disney addicts ever since I won our first Disney holiday (well the prize was actually a Universal trip - Hard Rock Hotel for a week and Universal tickets) and we extended the holiday and stayed at Disney for a week and bought tickets, so my "free" holiday actually wasn't free!

Right back to this cruise. We booked a 7 night Caribbean cruise while we on the Dream in 2016, mainly to get a placeholder. Then in Spring of 2017, the new itineraries were announced and there was a 10 night Norway and Iceland cruise from Copenhagen to Dover.

This was only the one that went to Iceland and it was in school holidays, so we changed it and booked a cabin on Deck 2.

We had booked EasyJet flights from Gatwick and stayed in a Premier Inn at the airport the night before. Our flight was not until 1.50pm, so there was no rush in the morning, but we were so organised and excited that we got to check in and hour before we needed to! One of the people working there said it wasn't advisable to check in this early as the cases might get lost!

Once we had checked our bags in, we went through to departures and had lunch in Wagamama and got a Starbucks.

We got on the plane on time, but we sat on the tarmac for about an hour before taking off, but once we took off we made up time.

Once we got to Copenhagen we caught the metro to our hotel - it was about a 5 minute walk.

We were staying right on the canal and was such a lovely location and atmosphere. Our hotel was Hotel Bethan in Nyhaven.

We took a walk out and had dinner in McDonalds!

When we got back to the hotel, I noticed a bar across the road selling Carlsberg - well when in Copenhagen, you have to have a locally made drink. It worked out around £12 for 2 pints.

We then took in the atmosphere at night. It was very pretty.

Here is the link to my Alaska Disney Cruise on the Wonder in 2014

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=830457

Steps Walked Today: 12,100

Edited at 10:13 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start... looking forward to the reading the rest of it... now off to read you're Alaska trippie.
Old 30 Aug 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Great start... looking forward to the reading the rest of it... now off to read you're Alaska trippie.
Thank you - enjoy reading the Alaska one - I might have to read it myself again to remember it all!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start
Interesting to hear the comment about lost bags if booking in too early - we did this & guess what... it didn’t arrive!
Thankfully arrived the day after but not after we’d spent £400 on toiletries & clothes!
We’ve cruised on the Dream twice now so will be interesting to hear how you find a longer cruise with Disney.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!

Edited at 11:29 PM.
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Great start
Interesting to hear the comment about lost bags if booking in too early - we did this & guess what... it didn’t arrive!
Thankfully arrived the day after but not after we’d spent £400 on toiletries & clothes!
We’ve cruised on the Dream twice now so will be interesting to hear how you find a longer cruise with Disney.
Cheers
Les
Oh dear - that's a pain. Were you able to claim any of that back - I suppose not if you bags turned up!

We have been on the Dream twice and the Wonder for 7 nights. The Magic has been our favourite so far.

Thank you for reading - Day 2 is up now.
Old 2 Sep 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading this as we haven’t done a cruise before and this route really appealed. Thanks for writing it x
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

You're very welcome. Cruising can be quite addictive!
Old 12 Sep 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
You're very welcome. Cruising can be quite addictive!
True... enjoyed to read your trip report
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Yay, another trippie!
Old 12 Sep 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
True... enjoyed to read your trip report
Enjoy!