Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Feb 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We combined two nights at cocoa beach with trips to Kennedy space centre and merrit island wildlife park. I prefer the gulf Coast to Atlantic but it worked for us in a busy two week trip, and both places were great. Beach will be a chance to slow down and enjoy.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Are they a long drive? My son gets car sick although he might have outgrown it by then! My husband is the only driver so I need to sell it to him. Which one would you recommend? What hotel did you use?
Thanks x
It is two hours to Anna Maria Island and Three to Cape Coral a bit less to Clearwater. We have stayed in villas so don’t know about hotels. I would just book one from booking.com that has great reviews x
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Clearwater would be ideal for a couple of nights. Our children loved it although we did it in one day so can't recommend hotels.

I'd also recommend Little Toot and CMA (watch Dolphin Tale with your kids before you go!)
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We always try and spend a night at the beach. This year we're staying at the Grand Plaza St Petes, driving up on the sunday, spending some time on the beach, and in Clearwater on a dolphin boat trip, dinner on the beach at night, and then check out the Monday and spend the day at BG which the kids have asked to do. I really need to see the sea when in Florida, I miss is so much when in Orlando! It's worth it for a day of fresh sea air and chilled out on the beach!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We go to Fort De Soto every year as it is stunning there and has something to suit everyone eg bike hire, kayak hire, the Fort itself to explore, the beaches, great toilet & shower facilities, cars parked right by the beach.
You do have to pay about $5 to get in but parking is costly most other places or if free then what facilities do you have near.

We have booked a night at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove. Its about 90mins drive depending on where you are staying (We always stay on the US27 area). For the 5 of us for the night it was £85. There is a publix and Walmart really close which is useful for us as we take ice box with us for drinks & food for the day plus IHop and other eateries are really close.

We break up the journey on the way down by stopping at Golden Corral so the journey is easier for the kids.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We have a night booked at the Grand Plaza at St Pete’s Beach for our trip this year. We have had day trips there before to Clearwater and it’s such a relaxing day.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Another for Clearwater, easy drive around 90 mins, Take a boat ride to see dolphins we like the seascreamer but there are slower boats, Pier 60 usually has free entertainers in the evening ( Living from Tips ) and well worth watching.
We visit Frenchies right on the beach for a meal and a drink and catch the sunset.
There are many Hotels/Motels that meet all pockets and needs we have stayed in both Expensive and cheap they have all been good with no problems.
Some have free car parking others charge $25 per day.

If you are taking the seascreamer you can park on the car park next to it and they give you a free parking permit.

The beach is lovely but be prepared for burning feet on the lovely white sands
Old 24 Feb 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mseagle View Post
What even a boat trip to spot the Dolphins 😉
They have them from Vero Beach so yes !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Given the choice of doing a highway drive to either coast or a half hour drive from a villa to WDW, I would choose the drive the the coast anyday.

Let your DH know it is a very easy drive and while there may be spots of traffic at certain times, overall, it is a nice easy drive,
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For us the beach is not worth it we'd rather spend timevinbonevofvthe state parks or various animal encounters experiences available in the parks or the likes of garraffe ranch airboat ride etc but I hate sand on my feet
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List