Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Feb 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
The thought of mass dining rooms and everyone then finding sunbeds around the same pool is my idea of hell so we generally avoid All Inclusive, unless it's on a remote island with far fewer people.
It's my idea of hell too! Although my husband booked a last minute trip last year to the Pineapple Beach club in Antigua and it was amazing! Small resort and so quiet. Some days there was nobody around the pools!

Best bit was it was adults only too. I really want to go back 😀
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We loved DB San Antonio in St Pauls Bay Malta. The restaurants were excellent and the adults only areas were calm and relaxing.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Do you mean in the world?

I couldn’t answer that question, there is a lot more to a holiday to me than the hotel.

I book every hotel I stay at directly with the hotel’s reservation team.
Yes in the World, just to give me a starting point.

Don't get me wrong we're not ones for never leaving the hotel grounds quite the opposite but really want a relaxing all in holiday. ( Never been AI before).

Thanks
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

The thought of mass dining rooms and everyone then finding sunbeds around the same pool is my idea of hell so we generally avoid All Inclusive, unless it's on a remote island with far fewer people.
or pick one with mulitple pools & restaurants ? & go at least 4* ideally 5

anyway for the OP

easily the best AI we went to was The Delphin Palace , Lara Beach/Antalya Turkey

it was absolutely fantastic, iirc 4 pools (one indoor), spa, waterpark, funfair, 7 restaurants + the buffet*. Drinks & food waiter service to your sunbeds.. Fantastic kids club , loads going on but did have a quiet pool for those punters who wanted to avoid all this. Fridges filled with fresh fruit, juice, pop, beers etc dotted around the complex/pools. had its own section of beach, with a pier with sunbeds/bar etc in it..

was at one point listed in tripadvisors top 10 hotels in the world

* even at the buffet each night there was a theme, say seafood, they had a massive display of fresh seafood and you picked what you wanted & it was cooked to your liking there & then

Edited at 03:12 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

It'd be selective, 4-5* on a larger complex with lots to do ( or I'd be bored) but we'd want to get out and see where we are too ( not ones for never leaving the hotel complex far from it) We've never been AI but I just fancy a holiday where we don't have to go shopping - for food- and can dress up in an evening with lots going on.
If it was direct to a beach even better as most would be there leaving more room round the sunbeds for Moi !
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Not all are like that if you are selective! The ones we go to have more than one restaurant so in general we avoid the 'buffet' ones. We've always been lucky with sunbeds as well, no different to staying at a Disney resort. I do agree, I prefer my own pool and we usually stay in villas in Orlando for this very reason!
We do enjoy AI for a chill holiday!
Not AI but we stayed in Farimont the Palm in Dubai last Oct and that was nice. If you upgrade to club/gold level you get lots of extras that almost feel AI, apart from free alcohol round the pool!
Where else have you been? You sound like you're on my wave length !

Edited at 03:09 PM. Reason: Extra
Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I am looking for somewhere that has a choice of restaurants albeit we would eat out too as we are foodies so enjoy the experience. We'd be a family of 4 but ours classed as Adults so we'd have 2 rooms but we're still stuck to Sch holidays meaning we'd be looking at July 2020.
Usually I can think of places I'd like to go years in advance but I'm struggling. There are places I'd like to go but overall I want to go AI on a larger complex and just wondered what places you've come across too.
Thanks everyone.
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

We love Atlantis in Dubai, nice restaurants and although it's not AI, the half board/ club option is great. We last stayed in a Regal Suite, which gave us access to different bars for our drinks options, Bar Azure, Seafire Grill etc, so no crowds, unlike the standard Imperial club. This gives discount for Gordon Ramsay, Nobu etc, plus there are loads of other nice places to visit, even if it's just Cheesecake Factory
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Max Royal Belek is unbelievable AI! Pure luxury, amazing restaurants, bars, pools, beach location and the rooms were beautiful. So much to do, but it is really pricey in the summer - we went October and it was very affordable and the perfect AI for both families and couples. Always fantastic feedback on trip advisor and great family rooms 😄👍
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for Couples Swept Away in Jamaica, best beach in the Caribbean. Lovely food, lovely drinks with great non alcoholic choices, adults only! We love Mexico resorts too and they’re usually high standard. We booked with Thomson/TUI.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List