Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Mar 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just found your report all subscribed now

Looks like your doing well with the plan. We did the DDP last year but I'm looking at the QSDP next year so following this! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I've never tried Poutine, it's on my hit list. Enjoying your report, all looks good.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
Absolutely loving your report ,we're also staying at the Caribbean beach resort in a preferred room on the qsdp for the first time ,so loving all the hints and tips ... can I be cheeky and ask iff your room has a pull down bed ? We're desperate for one for our Autistic son as he won't share!

Yes my room does, I’m staying in Barbados, block 32 I’ll PM you the exact room number if that’s ok. It’s second floor room with no lifts if that would be an issue.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood studios today! The day DH and Jimbo have been looking forward to most of all! It was another hot one today with temperatures hitting 30C.

It was a fairly late & lazy start after the late night Epcot, the kids ate cereal, DH and I waited until we got to HS and hit Starbucks for a large cup of tea and a cinnamon swirl to share for breakfast

Followed an hour or so later by a cream cheese filled pretzel - I don’t think I’d have another one of these, the cream cheese was too sweet, I prefer the Mickey Pretzel with the pot of melty plastic cheese!

For lunch the kids shared an ‘adult’ pizza with ceaser salad and a frozen strawberry lemonade slushy from Catalina Eddies, we mobile ordered this and found a table to sit at in the shade whilst waiting. They only ever have a margarita pizza, but Eve usually leaves her crusts... this pizza she scoffed the lot, they both approved!

Whilst the kids were eating we mobile ordered from fairfax fare our lunches. I’m really enjoying the freedom mobile ordering is giving us, it’s saving the stress of having to find somewhere we can all eat!

Anyway - fairfax fare was 2 units down from Catalina eddies over by the tower of terror. DH had the Empanada platter and I had the fairfax salad. He enjoyed his and my salad was plentiful and delicious. We both had a rum punch with our lunch.

Our afternoon snack was Jimbo’s choice - Jack Jack Num Num cookies from the Incredibles section of HS. He had been eyeing these up on Instagram for a long time now. We ordered 2 to share between the 4 of us, but I’ve bought about 2/3rds of one back with me, they are massive and about an inch deep!

After a ride on the Rockin Rollercoaster Eve & I picked up a frozen cola too cool off from a truck near the coaster, it was pretty refreshing & I think Eve needed it after her first experience of a real coaster!

We headed back at about 5.30 (plan to catch the late night show on our next visit) and whilst on the bus I mobile ordered our dinner at Spyglass grill, hit ‘I’m here’ as we got off the bus then waited about 10mins for it all to be ready, it was pretty quiet at the spyglass when we arrived so you could tell all the food was cooked to order, it did start to get busier at about 6.30/7pm.

The kids both had a cheeseburger with fries from the adult menu Jimbo with a big bottle of Nesquik, Eve had a Fanta. DH had the Cuban sandwich with a Jamaican Dragon stout and I had a chorizo burger with a rum and ‘ortanique’ lemonade cocktail. Whilst I couldn’t taste any chorizo in my burger it was still pretty tasty, the kids ate theirs and DH enjoyed his sandwich so no complaints about the spyglass grill, they seem to have more cocktails there than at Center Town if that’s your kind of thing. The meals all came packaged up in takeaway cartons so you could easily take food back to your room if you didn’t fancy sitting out. (Sorry about the picture quality on this one... they were all getting a bit hungry for me to be faffing with a picture!)

At the end of today we’ve used
7 meal credits
6 snack credits

Less steps today at 13500.

Now we’ve completed a full circuit of the parks I asked the troops what their favourite meal has been so far. Eve & James both agreed it was their hot dog from Caseys. For DH it was the platter he had in ‘Morocco’ yesterday, my favourite so far has been my ribs from the Polite Pig. DH and I both agree that in terms of food quality our least favourite was breakfast at BoG, but we are still pleased we went for the experience.

I’ve seen a lot of comments on the food forum here about ordering alcoholic drinks on your child’s meal credit... as you’ve seen I’ve done it a fair bit, but I think as we are only ordering 1 or 2 meals at a time usually we aren’t being questioned or ID’d. I’ve not ordered 4 meals at the same place and ordered 4 alcoholic drinks with them - that would probably be pushing it!

Anyways, that’s probably enough of my musings today! I hope you all have a great start to your weekends!

Catch you tomorrow,

MrsWturns30

Edited at 02:16 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another great ‘food’ day. I am enjoying reading along with you. Have a great time x
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
Yes my room does, I’m staying in Barbados, block 32 I’ll PM you the exact room number if that’s ok. It’s second floor room with no lifts if that would be an issue.

Hi ,that's brilliant Thank you, no second floor is fine ,no mobility issues here ,just an hormonal Autistic teen that can't share a bed ! ,Thank you so much for your reply ,will be following your blog for lots of tips on food ,Thank you xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Lots of fab food in Epcot and a great day in HS. The weather sounds glorious. Can't wait for the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day those cocktails all look lovely. I always felt too hot to drink 😂 you can't beat a mickey pretzel with plastic cheese though. I'm glad you've reviewed the cream cheese one as I popped it on my list for this time. I'm not a lover of cream cheese so think I'll take it off. Kids are doing so well! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Just read it all and following! Are you going back to Epcot again for more eating round the world?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Just caught up with your EP and HS days.

The food booths at EP are great aren't they, and really add a different dimension to the World Showcase. We had a couple of 'eati g round the world' sessions and I'm looking forward to more in October!

We're also fans of Tangierine Café in Morocco and Fairfax Fare at HS - it's nice to have something a bit different

I'm sure I read that the jalapeno cheese pretzel was back (or is that just wishful thinking?). Have you come across it yet? It's my favourite!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 10:50 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List