Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

My daughter was 3 when we went to DLP and 5 when we went to WDW last year. She loved all the rides but also found the meet and greets amazing. She was just too short for FOP and she was so upset. The CM gave us a banshee flight certificate to use when we go back next year.
Don't hesitate at 5 years old. Its magical!
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Perfect!
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My DD was 4 the first time for us. She was braver than her brother whose 5 years older! Look at Buena Vista area, quite handy.

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

We had our granddaughter with us when she was 5 it’s an awesome age for them she especially loved all the character interactions with the princesses around the parks, her reactions to the meet and greets I will never forget she just loved every second of the 3 week trip which at the Tim with thought was gonna be a long trip for her to be away from her mum but with daily video calls over WiFi it made thing easier for her to enjoy the holiday.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We took DD aged 3 in September and she loved it. We made use of rider swap / single rider where we could and maximised the use of our FPs.

We found it a very very different holiday for us, as we had to do the things that she wanted, that we didn’t do when going as a couple. We did pretty much ALL the Princess meet and greets, which were just awesome, it was like she was meeting her idols. We went on almost all the kiddie rides, but decided to forego some of the bigger rides, we didn’t go on Splash Mountain, (who wants to ride that alone?) but we FP BTM, and we still haven’t gone on SDMT or FOP due to FP availability. I did have to go on Mad Tea Party 3 times and the Carousel twice because she enjoyed them, (DH can’t go on the tea cups, so have always given the, a miss.) We saw the Lion King show twice, I love that show anyway, but didn’t go on Dinosaur because DD was having fun at the Dino Bash.

We slowed down our days to suit her, we ended up with 3 days at MK, 2 days at AK and just 1 day each at HS and EPCOT, plus 4 water park days. FWIW at HS we didn’t go on Slinky or Swirling Saucers because the queues were ridiculous and we didn’t have FPs. We didn’t watch Muppets and Indiana Jones (which TBF haven’t changed since my first trip in 1992,) but we went to the Frozen Sing-a-long which we might have given a miss to if we didn’t have DD.

Just be prepared to do things at her pace, take a pushchair, and enjoy things you may not have normally considered.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Are you going for her or for you? If for you, go for it! We love Disney and will be taking our baby! But if you want her to remember and appreciate it as a one off, she will need to be a bit older to fully have it as a memory without you helping with photos etc. But YOU will remember her enjoying it!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I took my son last year when he was 4 and he still talks about it now. His favourite ride was Kali River Rapids so that’s what he talks about mainly! He doesn’t remember everything from the trip but when we look at the pictures he talks about things that happened and all the characters. I think 5 would be a perfect age to take her.
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Not at all ..

I took my granddaughter at 9 weeks , 6 months , then she’s going again in sept at 13 months and we’ve booked for next year at 23 months

Never too young to travel imo
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Nope. Took my daughter in 2017 for her second birthday. We're going back this year in September when she will be almost four.

I think if you're going PURELY for them, it's best to wait until they can do a lot. But me and my husband love Disney too, so we enjoy it just as much as she does.
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My youngest was 4 on his first trip. That was 2 and a half years ago and he still talks about it now! His favourite ride was Splash Mountain
We are going back next year and he is already excited about meeting Mickey again.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List