Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
BA domestic/shorthaul and some long haul cancellations continuing to come through

BA are continuing to send out cancellation notices for some domestic flights so if you have a trip booked please keep an careful eye on any incoming emails.

I have a friend whose flight from NCL-LHR has been cancelled and they were connecting to MCO. The rebooking option by BA included in the email was suitable thankfully.

Edited at 08:56 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for the warning. We are currently in Heathrow and flying out to MCO tomorrow. Will keep an eye out for our return in 2 weeks time as we will have a connection to NCL
Old 16 Apr 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
I have changed the title and updated this thread to reflect that cancellations on domestic flights are continuing to happen - sometimes at short notice.

It is also worth being pro-active and knowing what alternatives there are for your particular flight (and if necessary your compensation rights).
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

as per my post a few down, we literally had our flights back from Heathrow to man cancelled as we flew back across the Atlantic and only seen the email as we landed.
15 hour wait at Heathrow and while we was there we noticed a lot of red cancellations on the flight board yesterday!
finally got home an hour later than scheduled last night and an hour and half wait for bags at manchester when the airport was virtually dead lol
banged my compensation claim in through the ba website this morning after a nightmare 16-18 hours!
the airline industry isn't ready for the public again yet theyre just not up to speed at all after laying all those staff off etc, watching the workers yesterday at heathrow grafting and the staff at desks taking so much abuse, not from us I may add as we take it as it comes now after our jan cancelled flight lol. why would you want to work at the airports I wouldn't!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes thanks, have experienced this in past week. Our 7am connection to Heathrow has been cancelled on 15 May, meaning won't make our connection to Milan. First we knew was that both of these flights simply disappeared from MMB leaving only the return flights visible. No email from BA. I phoned up and instead of rebooking, I have cancelled and got a future travel voucher to put towards our Christmas Cayman Islands trip
Old 17 Apr 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
This is making me very apprehensive for my July trip.
Especially after having experienced this in our way hone in February.

Thanks for keeping us up to date StanleyCamel.
Old 25 Apr 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve just had my Heathrow to Aberdeen return flight cancelled for the 24th May, do I automatically get booked onto one of the later flights that day (there are another 4 flights) or do I need to contact BA myself?
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I’ve just had my Heathrow to Aberdeen return flight cancelled for the 24th May, do I automatically get booked onto one of the later flights that day (there are another 4 flights) or do I need to contact BA myself?
Firstly does your email show you have been rebooked? If you have and it is suitable all you need to do is accept it through the email and your booking will be reticketed.

If this isn't the case you will need to contact BA and advise them what flight you want - so go on to BA.com and find out what your options are and make a note of the flight number/timings and advise them of your choice. It pays to be proactive

Edited to add- you are also entitled to a full refund if you wanted one.
Old 25 Apr 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Firstly does your email show you have been rebooked? If you have and it is suitable all you need to do is accept it through the email and your booking will be reticketed.

If this isn't the case you will need to contact BA and advise them what flight you want - so go on to BA.com and find out what your options are and make a note of the flight number/timings and advise them of your choice. It pays to be proactive

Edited to add- you are also entitled to a full refund if you wanted one.
Thanks for your reply - They haven’t rebooked me email states says they will be in touch but I will be proactive like you say I’ve already looked at the other flight times , will call them tonight or tomorrow morning, thanks again for your help
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Not just BA or internal flights. I have just had notification from easyJet that a flight I had booked for a work trip to Barcelona in two weeks has been cancelled.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List