Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Apr 22, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Scottishnellie live & indirect Apr22 - Day 11. Doing absolutely nothing!

Despite all being in bed by 10:30 last night we all slept in til after 9am. All that fresh air and exercise. No plans today. In fact no plans for the next 3 days. Which caused a bit of a stooshie!

When we were planning this holiday Kevin was clear that I was ‘not to go booking all sorts of stuff’ and how we would just ‘have a relaxing week at the villa’ for the second week. So I didn’t. I went rogue and booked yesterdays activities so we would have just one day of things booked and he even screwed his face up when I told him about that. Then the same happened as always does. Once he had done it and loved it he went on about what a ‘good shout’ it had been, and how well I had done arranging it.

So we get home last night and all I heard all night was ‘what’s the plan tomorrow?’ ‘What we doing tomorrow?’ And not just from the kids. From Mr don’t-go-booking-anything himself. I was like ‘are you actually kidding me?’ I think they all thought I would magically produce something they hadn’t known about. Nope. I got nothing folks. I was told not to, and it’s now the Easter weekend!

So Kevin decided he would look at the dibb for ideas - oh aye. This’ll be good….

So he reads for 10 minutes and looks up triumphant and declares “Kelly springs!”

*sigh*. Ok Kevin - you remember the last time we went to kings landing? And we couldn’t get down the road to it for the queue of cars right up the road? That queue for was Kelly springs. At 8am on a Tuesday. Tomorrow is good Friday. The Easter weekend. We aren’t getting near Kelly springs. Next!

“Ok I dunno then…..”

And off we went to bed. So when I woke this morning before him and he was still snoring away, I went on my phone and whatsappd him a summary of possible things to do. Some new, some we had done before, all saying how much they cost with links to videos or websites to show what they were. He got up for his coffee and read through them all. Meanwhile I logged into the credit card to tally up where we were with everything spend wise.

When I joined him we chatted through options. Hannah didn’t want to do anything today. Kieran wanted to do something. We swithered about the 3 of us doing deezerlands automobile museum, as there was a decent Groupon for that including the pinball room.

But what Kevin really fancied was the tree trekking which would be around $250. But he didn’t fancy the price. I had to lay it out. “If you hadn’t declared ‘don’t book anything’ I’d have found a deal for it months ago. If you want it now, you’re going to have to pay for it love” it actually was still on Groupon, but via aviator, and at the exact same price as booking direct on the Orlando tree trek website so no discount to be had.

He decided he still wanted to go for it. So we agreed a do nothing day for today, apart from a ‘very last’ supermarket run for anything we needed for the last 3 days as we had noticed ‘we will be closed Easter Sunday’ signs on numerous shops yesterday. And I went online and booked the tree trek for tomorrow.

I swithered about only booking for those 3 as I’m pretty sure much of the courses will be past my height tolerance - not to mention it says it takes 3 hours and I definitely don’t have 3 straight hours of strenuous activity in me right now! But Kevin felt we should book all 4 and start together. When I decide enough is enough then that’s ok. You do 4 courses in order of easy to difficult and they must be done in that order, and it clearly says you can bow out at any time.

I also added the endless bottled water tickets for all 4 of us. I am very strict on everyone drinking plenty of water when we are here and we had no idea if we could take stuff in / would have access to it etc.but I certainly wasn't having them all swinging about the trees for 3 hours in the heat with no water.

I did get 10% off for signing up to the newsletter first which helped pay the taxes so did that and completed the booking

we confirmed the plans to the kids who were both delighted with them.

Then we just had our chill day. suncreamed up and lounged about beside the pool, in the pool, playing pool! We got the pool heating when we booked and I am so glad - Steve’s pool is just the perfect temperature. Just heaven.

I popped in and out all day sorting washing after washing to get us all caught up again.

Kieran was in the pool for a while then abandoned. He’s not had much luck playing the PlayStation as he doesn’t have one at home so no account to log into to be able to play the better games. It’s an Xbox account he has at home. He’s not fussed on any of the games that are on disc for the PlayStation here do he’s just been messing about on his phone, or watching movies on the massage chairs in our room! He loves those.

We would all just donner into the kitchen when it suited us, making sandwiches or picking at the Bahama breeze leftovers. I can confirm the spinach and artichoke dip is just as yummy fridge cold the next day. I may have had a few frozen pina coladas…..

Hannah sunbathed some but gets frustrated that the phone signal is slower at the pool and we all know what tolerance level teenagers have for that eh?

About 5pm Kevin and Hannah went & got showered and dressed to go to the shops with kieran. I was still out by the pool grabbing that teatime heat I love so much

Then I headed inside for a very long, very hot shower and used lots of my lotions n potions from my Clarins box. I felt great afterwards.

Kevin & Hannah we’re back at just after 7pm with a Panda Express takeaway for dinner.

everything was quite tasty but I felt we could do with more sauce which apparently you can buy on the side according to Hannah.

They had also been to Walgreens but Kevin had bought me the Walgreens version of Advil pm which I wasn’t happy about as I’m not sure that will be as good. He had told me the girl had to manually override the $4 coupon. Yeah that’s why - it’s not bloomin Advil!

We spent the evening playing pool, air hockey and watching tv with a few drinks. And a wee bit of sitting out by the pool all lit up pretty.

We’ve not managed to get Netflix on the tv in the living room but we have in our bedroom. So we ended the night watching The Adam Project in our room with us on top of the bed and the kids on the massage chairs!

Nice chilled out day

Helen x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a lovely day - weather looks amazing! Lovely family time making memories 🏝
Old 16 Apr 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

I am laughing out loud, with the nothing to do today business, sounds just like us ha ha..

a lovely day spent altogether though, absolutely priceless xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aw what a really chilled out day. We watched the Adam Project yesterday too. I love Ryan Reynolds.
Old 16 Apr 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Sounds like my lot - what’s the plan for today? What’s for tea? Where are we going etc etc... !

But what a lovely relaxing day, especially knowing you have something planned for the future so don’t have to give it any more thought
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A great day. You're looking so brown! I think Kevin might be a long lost brother of my DH when it comes to suddenly having "a plan" and then finding out it's Fair Friday and he is in the longest queue at a Troon chippy... Where did all these people come from?
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely relaxing day

Joan
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Brilliant day doing nothing sometimes these are the best x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a perfect day, weather looks gorgeous, enjoy your tree trekking today!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A nice relaxing day. I can't believe you let them down and hadn't got anything booked up for the next few days clearly you were mistaken taking their protestations about needing chill out time at the villa seriously

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List