Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jun 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieLeighHarri
First POST

Dollars to eat

Hi everyone!

I have my trip to Florida in 33 days and I’m wondering how much money people would recommend taking to feed 2 people for 2 weeks?

Thank you xx
EllieLeighHarri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry but you need to be a lot more specific in how you plan to eat.

Fast food, mid -range off site restaurants or the same on WDW property - in which case double the budget.

We're two 76 year olds with moderate appetites.

Breakfast at the likes of Bob Evans, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Denny's - say $25-$30 for two

Lunch on the villa pool deck so cost covered by general shopping

Dinners at the likes of Longhorn, Bonefish Grill, Carrabba's, Millers - around $50 - $55 for two,

Allowing for tips we budget $100 a day.

Mick

Edited at 12:27 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve never tried eating dollars but I imagine they’d be very dry.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I am just back form a short stay with my partner (cost in £ sterling as used my Amex account for ref for you)

We had breakfast/brunch at IHop/Kekes/HHAGG etc and it was between £50 and £70 for 2 according my latest Amex account

Supper at say seasons52 £298

Cocktails was out biggest cost really and one night at The Boathouse after supper was £109.52

In short Orlando is expensive -much more than say Palm Springs

Edited at 01:13 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We normally eat breakfast in the room then lunch at the theme park and maybe a snack and then an evening meal offsite at say a Red Lobster/Cheesecake Factory and works out around $70-80 dollars a day. You could make that a lot cheaper with eating fast food, taking own lunches into the parks. Drinking alcohol will significantly increase the costs.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
I’ve never tried eating dollars but I imagine they’d be very dry.
Maybe but I’ll be cheaper to eat dollar bills than to eat food at Disney.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

On a serious note $100 - $120 a day should easily cover it
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have a look at Hollibobs food report, she has just been & there's a few shocks in there! Deluxe burger - 2 burgers,1 fries & 2 drinks = $40! We're going for £60/adult/day but coffee is a separate budget, not planning any onsite TS meals & breakfast in room. If you plan on eating at Disney, TS, then you could easily do +$200 a day.
Not trying to start a tipping bunfight but you also have to factor in 18%-20% for Tips on all TS meals- it adds up!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We're the odd ones out here clearly ...

We mainly shop at Aldi.

Cereals for breakfast at the villa, take a packed lunch & snacks with us to the parks. Take water bottles & Robinson's concentrated squash. Universal gives water at all of the quick-fill machines so is easy to keep hydrated.

Cici's, or similar for tea. Sam's club chicken is $5 and feeds a family. Many places have coupons or offers if you look.

We're regular visitors, and Orlando is certainly a lot more expensive than a few years ago.
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Everyone is different and working to a different budget. Why don’t you check out some menus for places you like the look of and see if they fit with your expectations. Then you can start your own budget which will be tailored to your taste. Read plenty of blogs about people’s dining experience and even watch some vlogs to give you an idea of what you can expect for your money.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List