Old 22 Jul 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
This sounds great and full of positivity. Life is too short to not do things like this!
I’m a great believer in tinkering with the plans till you get what you want at a price you are happy with, RPR is a great substitute for HRH, the most important thing being you’ve still got express pass.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
Thank you. We love RPR so no hardship!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So first update with the changes.

We changed the dates a little to make things easier for us. So it will now by Sunday 7th August we leave. I thought Sunday might be easier with an early start to Heathrow. Planning ahead at the other end I thought traffic will be better in LA for the drive to Anaheim as it’s a Sunday. I’ve decided on hiring a car rather than car company or Uber etc. It also means when we arrive on the Sunday our first day at the Disney parks will be a Monday. We will have 5 days at Disney, Monday to Friday avoiding the busier weekends. Also we will be leaving Anaheim early on the Saturday so hoping traffic won’t be so bad to LAX. Undecided on the hotel as of yet but I have a few in mind.

I have rung Disney to amend the dates and length of stay to 10 nights. This saved £1048. I have changed our expensive 7 nights at Hard Rock Hotel deluxe room to a 6 night standard room at Royal Pacific Resort. This saved a whopping £1105. So I have £2153 towards our Disneyland stay. Like mentioned in the first post about this change I ditching loads of planned Onsite Disney meals. That’s my Disneyland trip paid! Just internal flights as the extra.

Also changed the dates on the travel insurance.

Really happy. Just hope all the flight bookings will be roughly what I expect!

Edited at 10:24 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Wow that sounds amazing 🤩

Disneyland is so special!
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

It sounds amazing.
My girls are of a similar age and I want to make the most of our holidays too as I know there wont't be that many before they are wanting to do there own things.

Go for it and cherish those special memories - if you didn't do it you'd be full of regrets.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by MamatoFelix View Post
Wow that sounds amazing 🤩

Disneyland is so special!
Thank you. Always wanted to go so can’t wait

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
It sounds amazing.
My girls are of a similar age and I want to make the most of our holidays too as I know there wont't be that many before they are wanting to do there own things.

Go for it and cherish those special memories - if you didn't do it you'd be full of regrets.
Thank you. I really want to take the girls while we still can They won’t want to in a few years. They are both really excited, even Evie
Old 30 Jul 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Feeling a little bit more positive for next year now. I don’t know why but just feel like that are things leaning towards getting travel going again. I think maybe too late for many this year though which I’m sorry for all affected

So I’ve been watching lots of Disneyland vlogs. I’m so excited to be going! Not yet fully decided on a hotel yet. I’ll book flights early September then I will decide. Definitely not a onsite Disney hotel no matter how tempting. Really expensive for no incentives and you pay full amount when booking and no way I’m doing that. I’ll book something no deposit with Booking.com or similar.

I’m leaning towards Hyatt House at the convention centre. About 10 to 15 minutes walk from the parks. It has a Walgreens underneath the hotel, Blaze Pizza and a Starbucks and seems very popular. The pool looks ok as well. I was have been surprised by the lack of quality in the pools around the area though. Other options are Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites. This is rated as one of the best options as it’s across the road from the parks and is reasonably priced but it’s a motel which doesn’t appeal as much. My final option is the Howard Johnson aka HOJO. This seems like a very good option and popular with families. Hyatt House is edging it on room options and has a really great looking breakfast included.

We have 5 full days in Anaheim so looking at maybe the middle day taking a day out somewhere. Maybe Knottsberry Farm but this will be determined by whether after 1 full day at each of the Disney parks we feel we have enough time or not.

Also looking at Disneyland food vlogs. Looks interesting! The Monte Cristo sandwich has my name on it.

Got to be conscious of not neglecting the other 16 nights in Orlando!

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Old 30 Jul 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Love reading about your planning! Your trip is evolving nicely! X
Old 31 Jul 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Love reading about your planning! Your trip is evolving nicely! X
Thank you. I really like not having a clue about California
Old 31 Jul 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Feeling a little bit more positive for next year now. I don’t know why but just feel like that are things leaning towards getting travel going again. I think maybe too late for many this year though which I’m sorry for all affected

So I’ve been watching lots of Disneyland vlogs. I’m so excited to be going! Not yet fully decided on a hotel yet. I’ll book flights early September then I will decide. Definitely not a onsite Disney hotel no matter how tempting. Really expensive for no incentives and you pay full amount when booking and no way I’m doing that. I’ll book something no deposit with Booking.com or similar.

I’m leaning towards Hyatt House at the convention centre. About 10 to 15 minutes walk from the parks. It has a Walgreens underneath the hotel, Blaze Pizza and a Starbucks and seems very popular. The pool looks ok as well. I was have been surprised by the lack of quality in the pools around the area though. Other options are Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites. This is rated as one of the best options as it’s across the road from the parks and is reasonably priced but it’s a motel which doesn’t appeal as much. My final option is the Howard Johnson aka HOJO. This seems like a very good option and popular with families. Hyatt House is edging it on room options and has a really great looking breakfast included.

We have 5 full days in Anaheim so looking at maybe the middle day taking a day out somewhere. Maybe Knottsberry Farm but this will be determined by whether after 1 full day at each of the Disney parks we feel we have enough time or not.

Also looking at Disneyland food vlogs. Looks interesting! The Monte Cristo sandwich has my name on it.

Got to be conscious of not neglecting the other 16 nights in Orlando!
Enjoying reading your thought process through this, as I hope to get to Disneyland one day
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Enjoying reading your thought process through this, as I hope to get to Disneyland one day
Thank you I never thought it would be so hard to choose a hotel