Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Summerhouse -*updated page 4 + 7 with photos, now finished* Anyone getting a new one this year?

Is anyone else getting a summerhouse for this likely-stay-at-home summer?
Be good to follow each others progress if so?

We've just ordered a new summerhouse (We have an old smaller corner one already elsewhere in garden ) but upgrading for this summer! I'm a bit excited!

I plan to decorate it in a Florida Keys style - if I can't go on holiday the holiday will come to ME! I have SO many ideas!

Below is a stock photo of the one we have ordered, it's tongue and groove and we've upgraded the floor and roof.
The second photo is a side part of our garden which we never really use, the summerhouse (12 x8) will go right at the top end, (some of the conifers will come down) the existing shed at the bottom will be moved and a new decking area erected looking out over the woodland behind us The side window of the summerhouse will overlook the decking and woodland, front will overlook the rest of the wraparound woodland surrounding our garden

Anyone else have exciting garden plans for this year?

Edited at 07:49 AM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I would love to sort out my garden and get a summer house ordered so perhaps this thread might inspire me to get organised!

I look forward to following your progress.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I would love to sort out my garden and get a summer house ordered so perhaps this thread might inspire me to get organised!

I look forward to following your progress.
Hopefully I can inspire you!

We're having it delivered next week, but it won't be erected until March, by then hopefully the weather/temp will be more amenable to being outside! (We are having snow on delivery day apparently here in Scotland! )

I have so many ideas of how it will look and be furnished when finished, we will have mains electricity for heating and a TV and already have items earmarked for my beach house theme!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

We did it last summer - started as a new fence and seemed to carry on !

Started with this & ended up with this.

Old 31 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hopefully I can inspire you!

We're having it delivered next week, but it won't be erected until March, by then hopefully the weather/temp will be more amenable to being outside! (We are having snow on delivery day apparently here in Scotland! )

I have so many ideas of how it will look and be furnished when finished, we will have mains electricity for heating and a TV and already have items earmarked for my beach house theme!
I’m just over the border so doubt any work would start on my garden until April at the earliest! I have lots of ideas of what I would like but the reality of living up north means the weather always spoils all my plans to use the garden when it is freezing Excited to see your beach house theme
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ooh I will be following this. We moved into a new build in October and have a surprisingly big garden for a new build which is a blank canvas. We are trying to put together ideas. I love your idea of a Florida Keys theme! Make sure you post lots of photos!
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have had garden room envy ever since reading this thread - please don't make it any worse. 😥

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1186620
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Yes we will be building one this summer. I think it’s going to take a while though as we plan to build it from scratch and plaster the inside etc. Oh and I want a bar in there!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

We have had our summer house for 12 years and it’s the best thing we’ve done. Had loads of celebrations in there. Kids used it for their friends to hang out. We originally had a bar and pool table but since the kids have left home and given us grandchildren we got rid of the pool table last summer and the grandchildren have loads of space for their toys. I am thinking of getting a gazebo for the deck area in front of the summerhouse we had a small one but it is old now so a nice new bigger one for this summer I am thinking.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Yes we’re replacing our summerhouse this year, as our may trip isn’t going ahead , finally decided to replace the summerhouse, and have a new path snaking up the garden to it.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List