Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Sep 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

The 1st two visits to DC we had the dolphin swim package but for the last 5+ visits we just had the non swim one. We actually prefer it as it seems more relaxing, there’s lots to do as well as all the yummy food, drinks and snacks. Even after so many visits we still arrive for breakfast and invariably are being ushered out at closing time 😂
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Done swim and non swim. Definitely worth it without!

Look at adding Seaventure instead- it's a lot cheaper than the dolphin swim and we actually enjoyed it more!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Anyone done the extra at DC with the small mammals and birds, Animal Trek or something I think it's called?
Just wondering if it's good value.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Weve done both a few times each , yes it's worth doing without the swim but if your first time I think you will regret not doing the swim when you get there, it really is very special
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Done swim and non swim. Definitely worth it without!

Look at adding Seaventure instead- it's a lot cheaper than the dolphin swim and we actually enjoyed it more!
Yes I had thought about the sea venture! I think the kids would prefer that tbh.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Thanks for your comments everyone! Sounds like it’s still a good day without the dolphins. Think will hang on to see if I can get a good deal with ATR in the Black Friday sales. If you want to book a cabana do you then need to book that direct with discovery cove?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

I'm doing for first time next Apr/May, my boys are 10 and 12 and we not doing Disney as its way too overpriced and with no fast passes etc... No value for money as far as I am concerned. The compromise is the Ultimate ticket with Swim as its a bucket list thing for me and the kids, and will get loads of use out of Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch... Kids not old enough for the sea venture thing in my case. Also waiting for black Friday sales for cheaper tickets.

As everyone else who has been says, it will be just as good I'm sure without but it may be one and only time we will do it, so the swim for us is a must.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally would say yes it's worth the trip without the dolphin swim.
The place is awesome and the highlight of our trips.
I will caveat that my wife and I had already done a dolphin swim and we have done the discovery cove swim.
Personally the discovery cove swim is not the best swim our best was down the keys at Theatre of the seas and this was much better.
Don't get me wrong discovery cove swim was great if you haven't done something better.
In summary it's an awesome day without the swim just do it 👍😁
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

We love discovery cove and have been each time we have been to Orlando. We have only done the dolphin swim once and if I’m honest it felt a bit of a let down.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We did the dolphin swim the first 2 times, but not done it on the last 2. We did SeaVenture one time, wasn't planning on doing that again, but they had an offer to do it for £29 so we added it again.
You can very easily go there and not do dolphin swim. Plenty of other things to do, my favourite is feeding the birds in the aviary
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List