Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 5 Dec 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Definitely recommend the manicure kit and different people can buy different parts. I also asked for a nice box to put it all in. From my nieces and nephews - I ask for a nice picture - not necessarily of them but they also enjoy going around and taking pictures - I then out the a frames I have and change every year.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’ve recently started card crafting which means there’s far more ideas for my family to buy gift of craft supplies for me. Do you have any hobbies they could buy for? Jigsaws, notebooks, scrapbooks, knitting or sewing patterns or books maybe? Flowers, plants or plant pots also make nice gifts

I also love reading, if you enjoy reading maybe you could give them a list of books you’d like to read so they could choose one.

My eldest son bought us tickets to the theatre one year which was a wonderful surprise. Afternoon tea or a spa voucher is also nice. Possibly a voucher to use for a day out at a National Trust or similar type of house or gardens?

I prefer this type of gift to physical gifts now as over the years, I’ve accumulated so many ‘things’ and don’t really need the perfumes, toiletry sets, jewellery, bags or ornaments anymore

The charity gift idea is also really good as you are contributing something to someone who really needs it.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Really nice hat, scarf, gloves. Books or book token. Bottle of your favourite wine / tipple. Nice snuggly throw for the sofa.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We have the £10 limit gift for adults in our family, less expensive more inventive gifts, you may want to suggest this.

Depending on the age of the children in your family, maybe they could have £5/10 to buy you a gift of their choice. Not too much money spent and none wasted because children also buy The Best Gifts. Unwrapping will be interesting. 🎁😊

Edited because I misread a post.😕

Edited at 02:54 PM.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

This. Just seen it on an art gallery in Jersey.

The people are actually thick blobs of paint. Yours for £2.5k. So the cost of a holiday for 1 to WDW or keep this forever?

(Uploaded on 3G. Not sure if it makes any difference if I try wireless, but the way they’ve created each person is amazing and this image doesn’t do it justice. May try again later)
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry Gill365. Should have read your post not just the title. Didn’t mean for my post above to be flippant.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Shower gel (always gets used here) or a nice tin of biscuits/shortbread.

I always tell the kids I don't need "stuff" so something they know I'd use up.
I haven’t got a shower ha ha.

I get a bath bomb subscription every month, so don’t really need those either.

It’s hard, the little ones will be gutted if they don’t have a physical present to give me, they LOVE giving people presents
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gl20 View Post
Sorry Gill365. Should have read your post not just the title. Didn’t mean for my post above to be flippant.
Not at all! If I had the money I would buy that myself!

Normal nail polish doesn’t dry on my nails, so I would either change salons or just leave them altogether.

I’ve picked out a couple of bits of cheap jewellery from Warren James, and I’ll have a look for some small stocking filler type stuff too.

My little nephews are going to shop with me for the local animal charities and food bank locally, so we will be giving back too.

I spoke to my parents about it again before, they’re insistent they want gift ideas with it also being my birthday. It was my 40th last year, and all the plans went out the window so I think they’re trying to make up for that too.
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Mouse mat, family picture calendar, favourite place calendar, princess wine glass (loads on Etsy), pj's/nightie, scented candle/wax melts