Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Feb 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Netflight's booking for Alamo - OLCI and save time

Has anyone booked car hire via netflights and managed to do on line check in and straight to the garage with Alamo. I have the voucher from net flights but the ref number they have quoted isn't being recognised on the Alamo website. I know it can be awkward if booking via a third party but sometimes it can be done. Has anyone succeeded through a netflights booking.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Has anyone booked car hire via netflights and managed to do on line check in and straight to the garage with Alamo. I have the voucher from net flights but the ref number they have quoted isn't being recognised on the Alamo website. I know it can be awkward if booking via a third party but sometimes it can be done. Has anyone succeeded through a netflights booking.
I did it last year for a Netflights booking. The Alamo reference code was on page 2 of the Car Hire voucher Netflights sent through.

One line says: Provider: Alamo
Under that there is a line which says: Confirmation Ref: It was a 10 number and 5 letter reference number, like this "1234567890COUNT".

It was the Confirmation Ref which enabled me to log onto my Alamo Online Booking but using just the numbers ie "1234567890" not using the "COUNT" at the end.

Hope this helps.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I did it last year for a Netflights booking. The Alamo reference code was on page 2 of the Car Hire voucher Netflights sent through.

Under that there is a line which says: Confirmation Ref: It was a 10 number and 5 letter reference number, like this "1234567890COUNT".

It was the Confirmation Ref which enabled me to log onto my Alamo Online Booking but using just the numbers ie "1234567890" not using the "COUNT" at the end.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot, I have a ref number similar but did include COUNT. I'll give it a try without. It makes a huge difference being able to avoid those queues and hard sell, after a long flight. Thanks
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews

Hope this helps.
I followed your suggestion, have managed to check in online but I wasn't an option to skip the counter and go straight to the garage. Did you have to use the kiosk or desk before picking up your car last year ? Alamo usually offer that option , it wasn't an option today.
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I followed your suggestion, have managed to check in online but I wasn't an option to skip the counter and go straight to the garage. Did you have to use the kiosk or desk before picking up your car last year ? Alamo usually offer that option , it wasn't an option today.
I posted this last year when I did Skip the Counter, having used the advice on the Skip the Counter thread. Have you done this.

Hi both

I used the system as described in the sticky about OLCI and Skip the Counter.

You’ll need driving licences for all drivers, lead drivers credit card details and a printer.

Using Google Chrome I did Alamo Online Check-in using the link below.

For some reason the link below wouldn’t let me add the extra driver on our booking if I tried to do Online Check-in through Internet Explorer, it kept coming up invalid, but worked fine through Google Chrome:

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Insert all the relevant details and complete, printing any documents you need to, including the Online Check-in Confirmation/Rental Agreement. But don’t close out of the page totally, leave it open.

Then using the Bing web browser while the Online Check-in page is still open in Chrome, I went to Alamo Bypass the counter using the link below:

alamo/en_US/car-rent...in/bypass.html

Once complete you can then print off the Skip the Counter Ticket which has the barcode you need at the top and says "Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle".

If you’ve fully completed Online Check in then the Skip the Counter ticket should automatically print off with Primary Driver/Additional Driver’s details, your Itinerary and what is included in your Rental Rate.

We added the extra drivers on our booking from the one it came with on the basic booking and the extra also included a free tank of fuel so we can take the car back empty, and the Skip the Counter Ticket shows that the 3 extra drivers our booking allows and the Fuel Service option are both included.

Hope this helps.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

I used Netflights last year and did OLCI, but not Savetime. However, the OLCI had a bar code and I just took a punt, went to the garage, picked a car and drove to the barrier. Had no issue with the process and on returning the car all the charges were as expected.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
I posted this last year when I did Skip the Counter, having used the advice on the Skip the Counter thread. Have you done this.
Success at last, thank's a lot. I used the bypass link you quoted, for some reason kept kicking me out. I kept trying though and finally managed to agree terms and conditions and provide card details then finally got the barcode etc. Alamo insisted that booking via a third party you can't go straight to the garage, I'm sure I have a few years back. Thanks for your patience and help today, you have saved my day.
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
I used Netflights last year and did OLCI, but not Savetime. However, the OLCI had a bar code and I just took a punt, went to the garage, picked a car and drove to the barrier. Had no issue with the process and on returning the car all the charges were as expected.
Thanks - online check on didn't display a barcode for me today. I have finally managed to get a barcode by using the link provided by an earlier post. Really pleased someone was able to point me in the right direction. It's made my day.
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Success at last, thank's a lot. I used the bypass link you quoted, for some reason kept kicking me out. I kept trying though and finally managed to agree terms and conditions and provide card details then finally got the barcode etc. Alamo insisted that booking via a third party you can't go straight to the garage, I'm sure I have a few years back. Thanks for your patience and help today, you have saved my day.
Glad it worked for you. . I hate the thought of a car hire desk so pleased you're all sorted.