Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jul 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
we stayed here: hotelnewyorkermiami/

its quite a way out from south beach, but only a bus ride (or $15 in a taxi) away in the haitian district. found some nice bars nearby so did south beach in the day, and nearer to the hotel in the evening.

will definitely be back at some point, we have friends whos kids are coming up to the right age to go, who have said they would like to come with us, plus our friends own a villa out there... if they are going too, we get to stay for free... so if we wangle cheap flights, its cheaper going there than it is 2 weeks in spain/wherever.

just going to a couple of other places in between for a change, thats all
(i may revisit my plan if trump gets elected though)
Ah nice!

All sounds good..

Did you go to Ponderosa & Golden Corral? What did you think of them this time?
Old 17 Jul 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Ah nice!

All sounds good..

Did you go to Ponderosa & Golden Corral? What did you think of them this time?
think we did golden corral on the 192. it was ok. nothing special... but good for filling up on breakfast stuff before a big day out

i dont mind these sort of places. they serve a purpose, and as long as you go to a busy one, the stuff is usually quite freshly made

most days though, we just cooked our own in the villa before going out for the day
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 16, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
think we did golden corral on the 192. it was ok. nothing special... but good for filling up on breakfast stuff before a big day out

i dont mind these sort of places. they serve a purpose, and as long as you go to a busy one, the stuff is usually quite freshly made

most days though, we just cooked our own in the villa before going out for the day
Ah just wondered what you thought of them this time round.
Old 17 Jul 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Thinking we may now have a complete change of plan!

Always wanted to do a road trip, so thinking we might drive from either LA or Vegas to Florida!
Old 17 Jul 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh wow that would be amazing.

When I was17 my dad took us in a roundtrip from L.A. to Vegas to San Francisco it was really great.

I love Vegas really hope to go back one day.

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We've been to Vegas twice before in 2010 & 2011, we did LA in 2010 & San Francisco in 2011 too on the same holiday as Vegas..

Always wanted to do a road trip, and DH said we can do it..

Had a look at flight prices for next year - Just as an idea & they were about £460 each, well £461.22 to be precise. That's Virgin Atlantic Manchester to Vegas then Orlando back to Manchester! Also 3000 miles each..

I really would love to do this! So hoping we can, would just like to book something up so I know this is what we'll be doing, but I know realistically we can't do that until December time.

How are your plans coming along?
Old 20 Jul 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

your new travel plans sound exciting bubble !been catching up on here been away for a week in the caravan . Great week for weather , kept telling the kids it will be like this in florida hahah.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 16, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Oh yes it's been so hot! It's nice but not for work or to sleep at night. At least in Florida we have the air con..

Yes I'm planning away, I know it's a long way to drive, but always wanted to do a road trip & I'm sure it'll be great.. and then we'll still have about 8 nights in Orlando so we can relax then.

Decided when we get to Orlando, we'll maybe only do one day at Universal & Islands of Adventure & that'll be it for theme parks for that trip!

I've done a list of where I think we will be stopping a long the way, so now I just have to look for what's on the way to each stop to see what we can see.

How are your plans coming on?
Old 21 Jul 16, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip! Would love to do a road trip one day.

Not much more planning done here, bit gutted as had an email from netflights to say one of the pools is going to be closed at all star sports I was thinking of changing but would mean yet more cost. We are only there 5 nights and one of those days we are going to the water park so think we are going to leave it. As we are on site that week we are busy making the most of it and will be out a lot.

My ex SIL and nephews are out there at the moment and it has been exciting seeing her FB posts cant wait to go now!

Evewidow - not too long to fast pass day now!

xx

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Duchess View Post
Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip! Would love to do a road trip one day.

Not much more planning done here, bit gutted as had an email from netflights to say one of the pools is going to be closed at all star sports I was thinking of changing but would mean yet more cost. We are only there 5 nights and one of those days we are going to the water park so think we are going to leave it. As we are on site that week we are busy making the most of it and will be out a lot.

My ex SIL and nephews are out there at the moment and it has been exciting seeing her FB posts cant wait to go now!

Evewidow - not too long to fast pass day now!

xx
Yes I'm hoping it will be.. Just need too get DH to book that much time off work, then we know it's all good!

Can you use the other hotels pools? Or just the one you're staying at? I'm sure it'll all work out fine.