Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Dec 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
No car logistics - 2 night Universal Stay

Hello

We are trying to work out the best way of how we ca do Disney and Universal next year without a car.

We are hoping to fly in to MCO and the plan was to stay 2 nights at HRH then 14 night onsite at Disney.

Obviously we could have got the magical express to and from MCO and then free Disney transport for our Disney part of the stay but how does it work if we want to stay at Universal without a car? Is it a pain? How would we get to the resort and how would we get from HRH to our Disney Hotel two days later with all our luggage?

Does anyone have any positive recommendations? I had a horrible experience when we went to New York, I booked a transfer through a company called "Family in New York" and they turned out to be a horrible bunch of rip off merchants who tried to charge me extra.

We would get the magical express back (if it's possible to only get it one way?)

Would love there to be a solution to my problem as I'm itching to book flights but I want to make sure we can work around the no car situation before I book flights 16 nights apart!

TIA

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Haven't tried it myself but Uber gets some great reviews. Theres usually a code for new customers to give them $15 off their first ride. You can view the fare estimator at uber/en-GB/cities/orlando/

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

This year we pre-booked a transfer with Mears from the airport to Royal Pacific Resort. You can go on Mears website and get a quote and we just booked online. Our driver was waiting for us with his board with our names on at the pick up point in the airport. When I booked I put a note in to say how many cases we had. It was no hassle. When we moved to Disney we just got the hotel to get us a cab as we didn't know what time we would be finished at the park.

There are a couple of advertisers on here who can quote you for both journeys. We used Florida Magical Tours to take us to and from the football match last year and they were really helpful with arrangements and the driver was great on the night.

Hope that helps.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

PS it is possible to get the Magical Express one way as we did it back to airport. You just book the one trip. We've done two trips with a short Universal stay and longer Disney stay with no car and had no hassle or issues.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are not using a car for our week at HRH in August and have booked a cab with quiksilver transport to get back to the airport, you could always book a transfer from the airport to universal then universal to Disney. We will use uber the rest of the week if we want to go anywhere but figured a prebooked transfer might be better for the airport journey.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Haven't tried it myself but Uber gets some great reviews. Theres usually a code for new customers to give them $15 off their first ride. You can view the fare estimator at uber/en-GB/cities/orlando/
Thank you Will look at that for trips to the supermarket maybe.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
This year we pre-booked a transfer with Mears from the airport to Royal Pacific Resort. You can go on Mears website and get a quote and we just booked online. Our driver was waiting for us with his board with our names on at the pick up point in the airport. When I booked I put a note in to say how many cases we had. It was no hassle. When we moved to Disney we just got the hotel to get us a cab as we didn't know what time we would be finished at the park.

There are a couple of advertisers on here who can quote you for both journeys. We used Florida Magical Tours to take us to and from the football match last year and they were really helpful with arrangements and the driver was great on the night.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that's really helpful! Thank you! Of course, why didn't I think of that! A transfer is a great idea and I feel better that others have had positive reviews of them! xx

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
PS it is possible to get the Magical Express one way as we did it back to airport. You just book the one trip. We've done two trips with a short Universal stay and longer Disney stay with no car and had no hassle or issues.
Perfect, that's great! xx

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We are not using a car for our week at HRH in August and have booked a cab with quiksilver transport to get back to the airport, you could always book a transfer from the airport to universal then universal to Disney. We will use uber the rest of the week if we want to go anywhere but figured a prebooked transfer might be better for the airport journey.
Oh that's fab! Thanks so much! Yes I would prefer to have something booked for the airport journey too! xx

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We have a booked a 2 week stay for May 2017. Our first week will be onsite at Disney and for our second week we will be staying at Rosen inn @ pointe, around the centre of international drive.

We aren't driving. We are using the Magic express to get to the Disney hotel. Using Disney buses to get to the different Disney parks and then using an uber to get to international drive for our second week. During our second week we will use uber to get to universal. We have a transfer booked to get to the airport when we leave.

Have a read of some of the trip reports where people didn't drive, im finding those so useful!

Edited at 09:11 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did exactly this in October. Came out of airport and straight to taxi rank. Straight into taxi to HRH. 3 days later reception called us a cab to take us to POR. We then linked up to uber and used it 4 or 5 times including trip to walmart, shopping malls etc. Really did not miss the car. The disney buses were brilliant and at HRH we walked or used the wee boat. Made for a much more relaxing holiday in my opinion.
Ps I had priced up pre booking a mears cab from the airport and I think it was actually more expensive than the one we picked up at the taxi rank. Not by a lot though.
We got the ME back to the airport from POR.
Hope that helps : )
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We're doing 5 nights at universal at the start of our stay and have booked a private transfer with quicksilver, they have been great with any questions we've asked. We plan to get an uber when we move to Disney. And you can book the magical express one way as we have booked ours for the return journey. There is a link on the dibb somewhere that you can book it with.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

If you happened to want a car you could use caronthedrive Ive read about them in a few trippies, but assuming you're happy without so transfer to universal, uber between would be nice and easy then ME back? X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List