Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

How do tickets for After Hours work?

I'm just about to book after hours tickets for Animal Kingdom for May, but before I do...

Do we get physical tickets or e tickets? We haven't got park tickets or magic bands yet. I know you don't need park tickets to go to these events, so how does it get linked up?

Any insight, please?

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We bought direct from Disney, and they were linked up to MDE. We never had physical tickets.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

If you book on MDE you dont get tickets you just get it come up on MDE as confirmation. When you arrive (its started at 9pm for us in September), they check that you can actually come into AK then direct you to where you get your wrist bands. We had park tickets so went in at 7pm for dinner before it started so if you don't have park tickets then you will be allowed in at 9pm when it starts (it will show up when they check your Magic Bands). They were turning people away who did not have park tickets before then. It was a great evening but don't do Pandora first as it will still have a que for people with park tickets in it. Go up to Everest or Dinosaur Ride (its usually empty) then work your way back to Pandora. Dont miss Rivers of Light it was really good.
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
If you book on MDE you dont get tickets you just get it come up on MDE as confirmation. When you arrive (its started at 9pm for us in September), they check that you can actually come into AK then direct you to where you get your wrist bands. We had park tickets so went in at 7pm for dinner before it started so if you don't have park tickets then you will be allowed in at 9pm when it starts (it will show up when they check your Magic Bands). They were turning people away who did not have park tickets before then. It was a great evening but don't do Pandora first as it will still have a que for people with park tickets in it. Go up to Everest or Dinosaur Ride (its usually empty) then work your way back to Pandora. Dont miss Rivers of Light it was really good.
They were turning people away before 9?
Disney's own info page states you can enter from 7pm with an after hours ticket
disneyworld.disney.go/en...m-after-hours/

I haven't done an AK after hours but I've been in MK at 7pm without using a day ticket
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post

I haven't done an AK after hours but I've been in MK at 7pm without using a day ticket
Yes that’s correct, they can’t turn people away as it clearly states entry from 7pm.

I’m looking for mk in Feb and I will be in for 7!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post

No they wouldn’t be. It is like MNSSHP, I didn’t have a day ticket but I was allowed into the park at 4pm and could book fast passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No they wouldn’t be. It is like MNSSHP, I didn’t have a day ticket but I was allowed into the park at 4pm and could book fast passes.
Same for MVMCP, we don’t have day tickets, but have booked FP from 4pm despite the entry time of 7pm.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Booked this morning, for 9th May.

If anyone else wonders about this, the one thing I'll add to Wizard's post is that when you book, it asks for the names of who's going, so you need to be linked up on MDE first.

We got a sample of Animal Kingdom in the dark last year, after getting a sunset FP for Kilimanjaro Safari, and loved it, so can't wait to get a lot more time to wander in the dark!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
Booked this morning, for 9th May.

If anyone else wonders about this, the one thing I'll add to Wizard's post is that when you book, it asks for the names of who's going, so you need to be linked up on MDE first.

We got a sample of Animal Kingdom in the dark last year, after getting a sunset FP for Kilimanjaro Safari, and loved it, so can't wait to get a lot more time to wander in the dark!

/Mo
Pandora is lovely in the dark, we also like Everest in the dark. I have done AK after hours twice now but probably that is enough and we won’t do it again.

We are going to do MK villains one in April and will have dinner in Cinderella’s Royal Table beforehand, I enjoy a TS dinner before it starts and it is a good idea as I don’t remember seeing much else available.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We did what must have been the very first late night AK about 3 years ago. It was linked to the re release of Lion King. It started with a gala Lion King show in the (then) new theatre, with parts of the film shown on a big screen, and a live orchestra. There were then loads of food and drink stalls (all included) throughout Harambe and dancing and entertainment. It finished with the lighting of the tree and we got souvenir bamboo snack boxes. It was a great evening, called Harambe Nights I think. It was great.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List