Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I live in Cardiff, personally, I would leave here 5 hours before departure, you don't hit the m5/ m4 interchange as you come off on the junction just off the bridge, then down towards avonmouth then Clifton etc, you will miss the rushhour and get there with loads of time to spare. I don't think tui will allow you to check in more than 3 hours before.

A hotel the night before is nice and kind of extend the holiday a bit but I do not think it will be necessary.
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

We are flying from Bristol. It’s states 10.20 departure. We live on the A38 about 45 minutes away. So will leave 4 hours before. I’m so glad they are flying from Bristol again. Cuts out the journey to Gatwick/Manchester.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are flying to Venice with Easyjet from Bristol in July so need to be there 2 hours before as it's an European flight.

We live around 1 hour 15 mins across the Bridge too. Our flight is at 2pm on a Monday so we are planning on leaving home around 9am, if we make it early we can have a relaxing meal and a drink at the airport. I never stay at the hotel.the night before if flying from Bristol or Cardiff, just set off a bit earlier
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Leaving newport around 5am will get you to Bristol just around 6. Traffic is dead that time. M4, m49 and then straight down portway under clifton,
Suspension bridge, past ashton gate and use new road off A370 at Long Ashton. 35-40mins from magor junction.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

We are flying from London (live Mids) and I have decided to stay the night before. I can’t stand the stress of driving down on the day 😳😩😥

Also I hope it will break up the journey and mean that we are less tired upon arrival.

Edited at 08:39 AM.
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterQueen
Earning More Ears

We live in Caerphilly and are also flying from Bristol with TUI on September 21st. Our flight has been brought forward to 10.20am. We are going to leave at 5am. We normally fly from London and stay in a hotel the night before but we wont bother for this short distance. Parking alone in Bristol airport is about £80 for 2 weeks, with a hotel it was over £150. My husband does the driving and he is very excited that we will have a nice short drive back after a long night-flight!
CoasterQueen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We live in Cheltenham and have known it to take as little as 45mins but equally it has taken us 3.5 hours before now when we have encountered accidents etc. Personally even if we only fly from a local airport we always prefer to stay the night before, you start the holiday earlier and relaxed rather than stressed. Also you may find it as cheap (or cheaper) to cancel the airport taxi and get the train the day before & stay overnight. Worth considering.
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’re flying from Bristol and have booked the Hampton for the night before. Very exciting xx