Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We were in a townhouse and could have left the luggage at the clubhouse at checkout but it meant we then had to head back in wrong direction to pick it up as due at airport at 2.30pm. Last week, we checked out and headed to DIsney Springs, parked on level near the escalators where there are security guards and then went to the CInema to see Malificent 2. We then headed to the Airport, checked in early and got something to eat before going through security.

If we had been on the later flight we would have left the luggage and probably headed to the loop to watch a film and do some last minute shopping before picking up luggage on way back to Airport. The few times we flew with VIrgin we used the DIsney Springs check-in and then headed to a park.

The other thing we have done when we had a late flight was to book an extra nights accomodation in the villa/hotel so we could go out for part of the day, go back, have a shower and then head to Airport.

Edited at 02:23 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
Another vote for Virgin check in at DS and then a leisurely wander around before heading to the airport
It’s just villa have to leave at 10. We got to Disney Springs and did the check in by 11. As the flight is 7.20 that’s over 8 hours to kill.

I know it would be least 3 hours at airport but that still leaves me with 5 hours. This is what I will be struggling with when I have my two who are 4&5 will need something and I don’t think eating and shopping will take up 5 hours.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're doing the Virgin check-in at Disney Springs and then heading to Gatorland. It's not far from the airport and is a great last day out.
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Could you ask if it’s possible to have a late check out of your villa. That’s what we do now.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Last trip and coming trip next year I have booked an extra night so I have all day to leave the villa at my leisure when I'm ready to go for my flight I find this suits me as there's no rushing to get out at 10.
DISNEYALI is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Book the next holiday ?

Bu this time next year the dollar will be back at 1.80 and Brexit will finally be over.

(At least one of those may be a tad optimistic)
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wsmusa
Getting to know the DIBB

We booked an extra night at the villa, kids can enjoy the pool while we finish off packing.
I worry about having a car fully loaded with everything and then having to take it in turns to leave it.
Seems easier to have that extra day to just chill and leave in our own time when we are ready and need to.
10am can be a big rush and struggle with getting packed and kids and cases in the car. dont think we fly out until late in eventing.
wsmusa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stay in a Dibb villa on Windwood Bay and we keep our fingers crossed that nobody is checking in the day we leave, then our lovely owner lets us have a late check out. If we are lucky enough to have a late check out I always try and get most of the washing sorted so its easy for them to turn round for the next guests. The villa is always left as we find it with maybe a load in the machine and one in the dryer

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wsmusa View Post
We booked an extra night at the villa, kids can enjoy the pool while we finish off packing.
I worry about having a car fully loaded with everything and then having to take it in turns to leave it.
Seems easier to have that extra day to just chill and leave in our own time when we are ready and need to.
10am can be a big rush and struggle with getting packed and kids and cases in the car. dont think we fly out until late in eventing.
We always do this if we are self catering, simply book to say the night you are flying then you can get up late, swim and leave when you please. Simple.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Could you ask if it’s possible to have a late check out of your villa. That’s what we do now.
I have. It’s a virgin allocation on arrival so they have said they won’t know until the day prior to us checking out.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List