Old 24 Jan 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Disney Five do Florida for the first time Day 3

Trip report Day 3
We had a much needed lie in today until about 8am as we wanted to be at the typhoon lagoon for opening. We got there around 9:45 and there was already a que building to get to the sunbeds. We managed to find a decent spot in front of the wave pool and we set up camp and went off to get most of the big rides done early before the ques.

We really enjoyed miss adventure falls the most and we ended up doing this twice with hardly any wait. The floor was super hot so make sure you take swim shoes or flip flops.

We did really well and by 12pm we had managed to do most of the slides we wanted so we decided to grab something to eat from leaning palms which was just behind where our sunbeds were. Omg this took forever the que wasn’t that big but it’s seemed to take so long. I had the island crunch chicken sandwich which was too spicy for me and not that nice, the kids had the nuggets that come in the bucket and a hot dog and Darren didn’t fancy anything off this menu so he went off to find something else whilst we ate ours, he ended up with quesadillas which were not the best. To be honest none of the food was but it filled a hole.

After lunch we wanted to go in the wave pool, well the kids did I hate these things and always hang back with the youngest, the waves were literally knocking me off my feet. Much fun was had in here ( not by me ha ha ) then off we went to do crush and gusher we did this twice it was such a good ride but the que was pretty big by this point. We should have done it this morning but no one believed me there was a water roller coaster in this park. They should know better than to doubt me I have literally researched the blue prints of every park and they know that ( silly family)

After this we went back to the wave pool for a bit and then the heavens opened and the lightning started. Everyone was ordered out of the pools until it stopped, it was around 2pm by this point so we decided to call it a day and go and shower. The showers here are really good luckily we ran straight to them and shared two between us 4 girls, when we came out the que for the showers was huge I think everyone was leaving due to the rain. Darren had a moan about how long we were, seriously dude I got me and 3 kids showered dressed and hair dried ( looooonnnnng hair) , you’re lucky we made it out before our estas expired. We had a really good time here and the morning was just enough time for us. The only bad thing the dippin dots dart was closed due to the lighting so I didn’t manage to get any … sad times

We had some fast passes booked for this evening for Hollywood studios and we wanted to go straight there hence why we showered at typhoon lagoon, see I saved time really We also were in search of the num num cookie from neighbourhood bakery. We got to Hollywood studios and were directed to preferred parking which was great right near the entrance.

Our first fast pass was for rock and roller coaster at 4pm we love this ride, we managed to do parent swap as the youngest is still too small.

Off to toy story land next wow this place is amazing our next fast pass wasn’t until 5:20 so we had a good luck round taking it all in and decided to go to woodys lunch box for tea, we all had the cheese toasties with tater tots a couple of us shared one between two as we wanted to save room for the num num cookie.

It took ages to get a table and my god you have to be savvy here, I had the kids circling like sharks but still it took a while to get a table. We loved these they were really cheesy and really tasty.

Off in search of the num num cookie it didn’t take long for us to sniff it out it’s just to the left as you enter toy story land. This was amazing we really enjoyed it. I think the kids also got some sort of frozen drink in here which they enjoyed.

Next up was our fast pass for toy story mania, we didn’t realise how good this ride would be we really really enjoyed it, great ride. My score was ok compared to scarletts ha ha.

We decided to leave toy story land as our next fast pass was tower of terror so we explored round there for a bit. We had a look in some of the shops and generally just soaked up the atmosphere.
We started queuing for tower of terror, now Scarlett went on this in Paris when she was 5 she was scared but she was ok on it so I thought 3 years later she would be fine on this. God was I wrong hysterical doesn’t even come close she was screaming so bad I felt awful for the other people on the ride. This is my absolute favourite ride ( apart from Pandora) it was that bad the cast members asked if I wanted to ride it again as I clearly hadn’t seen any of the ride ha ha as much as I love this ride I couldn’t leave my hysterical child ( I almost did) never mind I knew we had a another fast pass for it later in the holiday. Bloody kids ( joking)

We had planned to watch the fireworks here tonight but we got to them a bit late and it was so busy so we decided we would do it another time. The kids decided they wanted another late night swim so that’s what we did. This pool is so beautiful at night.

Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good mix with a water park and a park

Joan
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Aww lovely day, my kids would probably pick the water parks as the best bits of the holiday.
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day, I really enjoyed Moody's lunch box, and really want a num num cookie now!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love a late night swim after a busy day it’s just the best
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Love a late night swim after a busy day it’s just the best
the kids absolutely loved this part of the day ( should have saved thousands and booked a pool holiday ha ha )
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying catching up with your report. Great idea to fit in a water park and a park - I might have to rethink! That ToT photo is a classic - I hope your daughter recovered from the trauma 😂 looking forward to the rest of your report.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Really enjoying catching up with your report. Great idea to fit in a water park and a park - I might have to rethink! That ToT photo is a classic - I hope your daughter recovered from the trauma 😂 looking forward to the rest of your report.
she's never quite forgiven me
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
she's never quite forgiven me
😂😂😂 poor child - traumatised!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't like tower of terror either, but every visit I go innit as it's my OHs favourite. The ride pics are usually pretty funny though.

I need a Num Num cookie next time, I didn't even know these existed, or the water coaster at Typhoon Lagoon!
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List