Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mckatkins
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Buggy for 6 year old

Do you think a 6 year old would need a buggy for Disney? Not sure where to get one that he would fit in. I know disney rent them but not sure how comfotable they are. Any advice appeciated.
Mckatkins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends a bit on the kid and the time of year.

We had one for our then 6 year old in Aug 18. It was definately needed as we did do some 7-8 hour days in the parks and with that distance, humidity and their shorter legs it is tough going for them.

We are here now and our 5 yr old has done 7-8 hours on a couple of days in the parks and been a bit tired, but ok. That is with decent breaks and cooler weather though.

Airlines let you take a buggy at no charge. Or buy 1 from walmart, $40-$50. Or rent 1 from kingdom strollers etc.

But i think renting from disney is about the worst option - expensive and hard plastic.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got a cheapie from Walmart when Soph was 6 and it was worth its weight in gold!

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

We're taking our 5 year olds old buggy again this year when she'll be almost 6!

The last twice I've said I'm going to pass it on to someone at the end of the holiday but I just don't think she'd manage all of the walking so we bring it home again and put it in the loft for our next trip! We regularly do 27,000+ steps per day in Florida so her little legs would be so tired and she'd be grumpy without it. It also gives us somewhere to store our bags and drinks so we don't need to carry them!

The cheap strollers in the supermarkets are quite small with really low handles so depends on how tall you are, you may end up with backache! Maybe look for something like a city jogger 2nd hand over here and then sell it when you're done as it would hold it's value well.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We rented one when DS was that age, nice and comfy for him and we didn't own one anymore. He's always been fit but the heat and long days sometimes it just makes it less stressful for everyone. Some mornings we would park it at a stroller area and leave it for a couple of hours then collect. He was comfy in the baby jogger city mini we hired but he has always been wee for his age. Think we used Orlando Stroller Rentals. In 2018 we hired one for a day as he had been unwell, it was expensive and didn't look comfy.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Depends on your child, none of mine would go in a buggy after the age of 3. We hired one at MK for my then 3yr old ds, it was August so very hot. He refused to get in it and was a right pain pushing it around all day. Each child is different but no way mine would go in one at that age, we take lots of breaks and enjoy people watching whilst having an ice cream 😁

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Helping Minnie

Mobile

As others have said it totally depends on your child. My daughter was 4 & 6 on our last trips and we didn’t take a buggy. She was fine and we did a hell of a lot of it walking but she’s one of those kids that never seems to tire 🤣
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

As per others, it depends on the child and also the kind of trip. If you are ‘smashing it’ day in day out it’s tough going for kids - it’s hard as an adult hitting it constantly. We are always ‘on it’ and I’d like a push chair I could fit in!
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

My children all used a buggy at six.

They all walked at home but found the Florida heat oppressive. Thet also used the buggy to escape the crowds, my youngest in particular was worried about being lost, but all three complained about adults hitting them on the head with their bags when it was crowded.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
This totally depends on your child, when I took my 6 and half year old we did long park days and he walked everywhere, we didn’t even consider getting a stroller

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List