Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

October time

We usually go in September, but last time was a bit too hot, what’s the weather and crowds like in October. Was thinking of November, but one of the party likes nighttime swimming and heard it can get very chilly sometimes, in November. We are now thinking of October, but are the prices as good as September as well. Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We went October 2019 and it was really hot! We were a bit disappointed actually as we d been told October was a bit cooler
Not much rain compared to august when we usually go
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

We normally go in late september/october time and the weather can get hot. As far as I know it still isn't quite as hot as some of the summer months. Last time we went in October 2019 we actually found the crowds to be alot busier than in previous years but this could have been a knock on effect from galaxy's edge opening. I love the halloween decorations and atmosphere so it is my preferred time of year to go but it is sometimes cheaper to visit in early september.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Generally October is still quite warm (and occasionally very hot) but without the humidity of the summer months so more comfortable.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We went from 26 September 2019 for 16 nights, so most of our time was during October. The price was still good and the weather was great - rarely rained and was hot (we like the heat) but not terribly humid like August can be.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

October/November seems to have become hotter over the years since we first went in the early 90s however it is dryer and less humid. We always get pool heat so night time swimming isn't a problem It's also become a busier time to go whether that will be the same after covid we can only guess
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all your help. I think I will maybe just go the cheapest time and avoid the middle of the day heat.
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
Thanks for all your help. I think I will maybe just go the cheapest time and avoid the middle of the day heat.
Have you thought about end of April into May Margaret? Historically a cheaper time to go and the weather is more pleasant than September with (hopefully) a lot less intense heat and storms.

We enjoyed that time of year and it was very reasonably priced!
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I might have a look at May 2022, but I thought the longer I left it as well, i might have more chance of going.
Old 13 Jan 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I found Oct and Nov too hot, every day was 30 degrees!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List