Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I work for a tour operator so know how that all works I just have never personally dealt with BA directly for a booking for myself, and I was made redundant, furloughed and then put on sabbatical so I haven't worked since march so had no idea how they were doing through this - the majority of my clients prefer VS anyway so I tend to not have a lot to do with BA

Thanks for your help
Fair enough. I haven’t worked in the travel industry for a bit now either, can’t say I miss it though, not after the ordeal with covid! 😂
Have to say, I’ve also always preferred Virgin!😂
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Fair enough. I haven’t worked in the travel industry for a bit now either, can’t say I miss it though, not after the ordeal with covid! 😂
Have to say, I’ve also always preferred Virgin!😂
So do I 😂😂 but they’re not even coming close this time! 😂

I’m desperate to get back, hanging on by a thread but hanging on 😂. Spent too much time in jobs I hate.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Thanks for this OP. DD had a flight to New Orleans cancelled in July and had been completely unable to get through. Told her about this and she has just tried again.
Like you 3 minutes wait and avios points and taxes refunded.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I had to ring BA today due to changes they made with a flight in September / October. I had to wait about 2 minutes to be connected, they were quick to discuss options with me and then popped me on hold whilst they made the changes and refunded me the difference

Excellent Service and very friendly all the way through

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Pre pandemic, this would be a rather quiet time of year for the BA call centre, particularly the avios centre. I wouldn’t say it means they are struggling, I would say it means things are getting back to more of a normality. Pre pandemic, except occasionally during peak times, waits to get through wouldn’t be very long.
Sorry I disagree - in normal times this is one of the busiest times for the BA call centres. The different departments would be dealing with sales/promotions, flight bookings for the following Christmas, and flight amendments/cancellations due to bad weather (not necessarily storms in the UK or Europe but quite often the US and Canada) and BA Holidays section dealing with sales/changes.

They don't have an "Avios Centre" except for the BA EC Gold and above/You First based in the Manchester area - lots of queries are dealt with by agents in the general call centres in the UK (quite often Newcastle), Bremen for Europe, South Africa, India and to a latter extent Japan.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Sorry I disagree - in normal times this is one of the busiest times for the BA call centres. The different departments would be dealing with sales/promotions, flight bookings for the following Christmas, and flight amendments/cancellations due to bad weather (not necessarily storms in the UK or Europe but quite often the US and Canada) and BA Holidays section dealing with sales/changes.

They don't have an "Avios Centre" except for the BA EC Gold and above/You First based in the Manchester area - lots of queries are dealt with by agents in the general call centres in the UK (quite often Newcastle), Bremen for Europe, South Africa, India and to a latter extent Japan.

Ohh I didn’t see that, I entirely agree - this is the busiest time of the year without question!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Thank you that’s really good to hear!

Did they offer a refund for the deposit, or is it voucher only (or voucher first and eventually they agree to a refund)?

It’s so frustrating not being at work, and work are so busy my colleagues haven’t got time bless them. Which is great - means peaks is going well at least!
One thing for certain especially for agents in public facing rolls - Peaks - will be a very different "monster" this year. I am amazed that some travel agents have any hair left ! ! ! !

Hope you get back to work soon Scaramouche.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Erm... I used to work there up until October last year...In my department that I worked in, January was always very quiet. The other departments that dealt with cash tickets could get busy, but as they had such a large amount of staff, the waits were never usually too horrific.

There is a department that is for executive club members avios reward tickets only or as you so nicely quoted “avios centre”, it’s where I used to work actually and they deal with blue through to gold on avios reward tickets only. I won’t tell you why I called it the avios centre, but there is a reason and it is what we always called ourselves... There is another department that deals with gold members and they do a mix of avios and cash and then the other centres deal with cash and BA hols...

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

One thing for certain especially for agents in public facing rolls - Peaks - will be a very different "monster" this year. I am amazed that some travel agents have any hair left ! ! ! !

Hope you get back to work soon Scaramouche.
Ours is going really well luckily - I’m really surprised but really pleased. Of course there’s all the cancellations from this lockdown, but sales are doing really well considering.

Thank you, I’m hoping for Easter ❤️
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My DD works for BA/AVIOS from home now. I’m at her house 2 days a week looking after my grandson. Her phone never stops! Hats off to all you guys that work in Travel at the minute