Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
So glad you have managed to sort it,its the first time I have managed to get back on,and I have been thinking about you all day!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not unpopular, just unnecessary.

If an ESTA is valid for the duration of the stay (plus a few days extra in case any delay leaving etc) then that is sufficient.

Having a new one would be no different to the original one. So not foolish in the slightest IMO.

They could have had a valid one for 2 full years and had an issue locating it and be in the same predicament.
I checked and we only needed an esta for the day of travel. It’s not like a passport where you need 3 months left on your passport. This was something I did check.

The OP saying I was foolish doesn’t really help the situation.
I had enough esta left and not sure if we will visit the US in the next 2 years so why reapply when there was absolutely no need to.
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just read all through, first I am glad you have flights booked for tomorrow and am so sorry for your experience. I think it’s so hard to know what you would do until you are in any given situation. At Christmas neighbors of ours moved (she didn’t want to) they had booked a Caribbean holiday for a week over Christmas for a treat, this was three days after move, she couldn’t find her passport, dad and boys went without her, she couldn’t get new passport as Friday beforehand Christmas and she couldn’t join them! It made me so sad, so in short understand you all staying together x
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

So glad you’ve managed to sort out flights for tomorrow. I hope you all have a fabulous time and I’m sure Mickey will spread some Disney magic once you’re there. Pineapple dole whip also has magical restorative powers!
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a 4 with an extra day Disney ticket. Then a cruise then was going to go universal after and had a day spare. Just on phone to Disney now to see if we can use the 5th day when we get back from the cruise so we don’t miss out x
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Just to clarify. An ESTA only needs to be valid on the day of entry to USA, not for the duration of stay.
Extra few days on top of original planned date of entry would be advisable in case of delays arriving in the US. But previous poster suggesting a complete new ESTA is unnecessary.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just read thru this. Oh Rachy, what a day. So glad you got flights sorted and will soon be on your holiday. I'll be checking our Estas right up until flight day. Have an amazing holiday and go get yourself a big glass of wine.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

I've just caught up with this thread. I'm so pleased you're sorted, have an amazing holiday!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Ive read the whole thread and my thoughts, probably unpopular with most of the other posters on this thread, are that it seems very foolish, with so much at stake, to depend on an Esta that's only got a few weeks validity remaining rather than spend $14 on a new application.
I think that is both ridiculous and incredibly unfair

I am one of those constantly advising folk to get an ESTA before they commit to any expense, but even I can see no good reason to apply for a new one when there is already one in date that will cover the travel.

Indeed as this poor lady's story illustrates doing so may cause more harm than good if for any reason the new one isn't completed or fails

Shame on you.
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just read start to finish. What a nightmare for you all, I would have been in bits! So glad you sorted a flight for tomorrow! Enjoy your evening with a few vinos, and safe flying tomorrow!x

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List