Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
QuickSilver
Unread 21 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The prepayment voucher has to cover the cost of the rental, the price on your voucher is the price agreed on the day of the booking, if the rental price has increased it makes no difference, if the price was to decrease you would not see a refund from Avis.

Did you do any Toll roads ?

I would not bother with Avis I would contact BA that is who you made your booking agreement with and then BA made the agreement with Avis.
Let BA take care of this they are very good at dealing with problems.
One time Avis did not have my car and gave me a lower grade BA got me a full refund.
Definitely did toll roads. I seems to have been billed a lot so will query that too. Thanks for the link for checking etolls. Going to be calling BA tomorrow but thought Id double check with Avis what their take on the charges were.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York, Niagara and Orlando
Unread 23 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Dibbing with Tink

Had this last year, exchange rate had an impact I believe
Sheraton VV 2003, DLRP 2004, Villa 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf coast & HRH 2007, Villa, PBH & HRH 2008, Reunion & RPR 2009, NYC & Villa 2011, Villa/PBH 2013, NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH & NYC July 2014, Indian Creek Villa 2014, Keys & Indian Creek Villa 2015, Rolling Hills, AMI & PBH 2016, DLRP 2017 AMI & Villa August 2017, HRH, AMI & Keys May 2018, FLL & The Keys Sep 2018, Orlando & Keys Sept 2019
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to The Keys & Orlando
Unread 24 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
VIP Dibber

Disney45's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had a problem with Avis back in July over charging me and I sorted it all out through messenger on Facebook. They got back to me the next day, Worth a try.
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dibb villa @ Watersong
Unread 25 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Ive finally managed to speak to someone at Avis Uk. Two of the charges are as we had driven less than 75 miles. Their belief is if you drive less than 75 miles the fuel gauge doesnt move so its a charge for fuel. Of course I argued this and said I should have been told and shouldnt have been told there were no charges at return. I luckily took pics of my car which is location stamped with the iPhone at return and it shows a full tank. Sadly I collected it with less than fuel and gave thought why complain over some fuel. I so should have. The third charge was for fuel again but we have sent the receipt in and havent heard anything.

I would be very careful as Ive rented in the same manner I have from Avis every year and never incurred these charges.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 25 Aug 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Ive finally managed to speak to someone at Avis Uk. Two of the charges are as we had driven less than 75 miles. Their belief is if you drive less than 75 miles the fuel gauge doesnt move so its a charge for fuel. Of course I argued this and said I should have been told and shouldnt have been told there were no charges at return. I luckily took pics of my car which is location stamped with the iPhone at return and it shows a full tank. Sadly I collected it with less than fuel and gave thought why complain over some fuel. I so should have. The third charge was for fuel again but we have sent the receipt in and havent heard anything.

I would be very careful as Ive rented in the same manner I have from Avis every year and never incurred these charges.
The under 75 Miles is buried in the T & C's of most companies.

It was introduced due to American business people hiring a car for a day to go to a nearby meeting etc and not topping the fuel up. It seems weird but I can understand their rational.

Most Americans self insure and can get cheap daily rates. To hire them a car for say 8 hours, get little income, have to re clean it and know the fuel wasn't topped up became a loss maker.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 26 Aug 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by l33na View Post

Well at least you have got to the bottom of what the charges were for.
Unread 27 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The under 75 Miles is buried in the T & C's of most companies.

It was introduced due to American business people hiring a car for a day to go to a nearby meeting etc and not topping the fuel up. It seems weird but I can understand their rational.

Most Americans self insure and can get cheap daily rates. To hire them a car for say 8 hours, get little income, have to re clean it and know the fuel wasn't topped up became a loss maker.
That makes sense now. Just hope I get my money back as I have sent them my receipts etc.
Unread 27 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Well at least you have got to the bottom of what the charges were for.
Yes exactly. I will always keep all receipts now.