Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdob59
Getting Excited

Hi

Does anyone know how embarkation works if some of the party are Castaway Club members and some are not?

We are all one family but some of use have cruised with DCL before and others haven't. I understand Castaway Club members joint a different line for boarding - is that correct?

If so can my son and grandchildren join those of us who are CC members or not?

Thanks
dibdob59 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

you wont actually get on the ship at 10.45am the port doesnt open till 1100ish i dont think so you will be queuing up waiting to get in we got the same pat time as you for our cruise last yr, we were lucky enough to be chosen for disneys family of the day so we got to board the ship first but im sure it was still around 12 ish when we actually got on board

em
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dibdob59 View Post
Hi

Does anyone know how embarkation works if some of the party are Castaway Club members and some are not?

We are all one family but some of use have cruised with DCL before and others haven't. I understand Castaway Club members joint a different line for boarding - is that correct?

If so can my son and grandchildren join those of us who are CC members or not?

Thanks
You don't board as Castaway Club members differently its the check-in that differs. They have two sections of check-in desks so one is for CC and one is for non-CCs. Boarding works based on the time you check in and your port arrival time as you will be given a number to board. As you are travelling together I assume your rooms are linked? Therefore you should be fine just going on using the one ticket.

And boarding is around 12ish usually with Conceirge guests going first and then calling the numbers
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh right, i presume that's to stagger arrivals? It just says 3.45pm on the disney cruise website, so I that must be the latest time to all boarded then? makes sense to stagger it.

Kat
Yes that time will be your departure time as in when the ship sets sail. Port arrival time is just that, when you arrive at the port to check in and does indeed try to stagger arrivals so not everyone is queued in the check-in area. When you check in your get given a number which will be your actual boarding number and this then dictates when you will actually board - they call the numbers in order once boarding opens. Boarding usually starts around 12ish and by around 1 they have stopped bothering with numbers as the majority of people are onboard (or at least this is what I've read as last two times - since they introduced PATS - I've been in the middle of the numbers).
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread