Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
Wherever the busy day guide tells us is best.
Same.
The guide says Epcot is first for us, it's my favourite park so I'm happy with that!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Toffee17
Proud to wear my Ears

Toffee17's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
MK first day and last day. There isnt much better experiences out there when it comes to driving into Disneyworld seeing the welcome sign, then on to the boat and then seeing that castle. We also done the wishes cruise on the last night, i think will now be a tradition because that was spectacular.
Old 25 Jan 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We go by the busy day guides. I think it will be DHS or Animal Kingdom this year for our first disney park. We are doing universal studios first part of the holiday to make the most of early starts to get to harry potter early.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We've only been once, last Easter. Our first planned day was the day after travelling, and booked our FP's for MK. However, we got to our AoA room around 6pm on travel day and were so excited, we decided to hop on a bus and go into a park that evening. We went to Hollywood Studios and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the wander around soaking it all up, ending the evening watching the Star Wars fireworks, it was magical.

However, our first planned day, MK, seemed very tiring and busy, and the park was really crowded so although we enjoyed it, i felt that if we hadn't experienced HS the evening before, MK would have been a bit disappointing as our first park.

Hoping to return next year, and would choose HS again as our first park if we go in the evening. Possibly Animal Kingdom for the first daytime park.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

AK first for us as it suits our early first day wake up. Then we do HS as it is our least favourite park right now. Then we do MK as I've built myself beyond excited by then; then lastly Epcot as it's the favourite park of both of us.
Old 25 Jan 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

whatever park the BDG tells us to do the day after travel...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Epcot for me as well... my favourite park & as we are going in August a stroll around the worlds is the best way to climatise to the heat as I can keep dipping into the shops to get a blast of air con
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Depends on time of year, day of week and time of arrival. Weekends tend to be busy in MK so I usually give it a miss until Mon/Tues and head for Epcot which has more room to move about.

I was disappointed with H S last year as the'd taken out some of the things I enjoyed like Stunt Spectacular and Catastrophe Canyon. Indy Jones still packed them in although it hasn't changed for many years. The Great Movie Ride likewise is still a big draw.

Many books suggest that Sea World is a good opener for Orlando visitors but I'm not sure. The programme of events is pretty tight and to see it all, you have to keep moving.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List