Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Jul 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
flarocks
Proud to wear my Ears

I-Ride / I-Trolley

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used the I-Ride recently and what your experience was. We will be travelling with a toddler who is still using a pushchair. How often do they run, did you find it easy to get passes, tickets etc.

I know a lot of questions we just want to know whether it's really feasible not to drive this time.

Thanks in advance.
flarocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

last time i used them was 2008 but pass where easy to get from the hotel i think

they did run back then 15min between buses but they where busy and crowed
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi,we always use iride love the convenience of being able to get on and off when we want. Can sometimes be busy but that's no different to buses any where.dd 14 now but we've done it with buggy no problem.we normally buy a 2 week pass before we leave look out for deals this year got from Florida tix.they send you a email print out and when you first use iride give to the driver and he exchanges for tickets.its a cheap and easy way.my parents in their 70 coming this year and love the outlets we are staying on idrive and they love just being able to get on and takes them all the way.hope this helps
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi the trolley is fine but does not run to a timetable. We have found the Lynx busses better as they do run to a timetable are much comfier and go a lot further afield than I Drive. It costs the same as the trolley as well.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you do decide to use the Trolley - we always check for the next one's arrival time using the website - makes the issue in regularity a moot point
iridetrolley/nextbus/
We use the hotel / shop / attraction wifi and then walk out to the stop a couple of minutes before the trolley is due.

Edited at 08:00 AM.
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
flarocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone for your responses we will definitely give buses a shot this time. I didn't even think about the Lynx buses. I have heard that they are reasonable and that you can even get one directly from the airport to I-drive for $2.
flarocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We used iride trolley last year and found it fine, sometimes it was busy other times there was hardly anyone else on there, we bought the iride trolley passes here on a special offer before we went. We don't drive over there so last year when we stayed on international drive they were great for getting to outlets and sea world and aquatica
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I meant to buy in advance but slipped my mind. Will hope they sell them in hotel lobby.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by flarocks View Post
Thanks everyone for your responses we will definitely give buses a shot this time. I didn't even think about the Lynx buses. I have heard that they are reasonable and that you can even get one directly from the airport to I-drive for $2.
The Lynx website with timetables and fare detail scan be found at golynx.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I meant to buy in advance but slipped my mind. Will hope they sell them in hotel lobby.
Depending on where you stay I think quite a few places sell them , we were at Rosen inn @ pointe and I remember seeing a sign in walgreens window across the road saying you could buy them there
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List