Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile Checking in -BA

Hi
We are flying home today.
Can I just check in at the airport?
I tried to do it online this morning and it offered me a free upgrade to world traveller plus but then it was having technical difficulties.
I'm not sure if I want to upgrade without knowing if I can choose 3 seats together. We already have 3 seats allocated as we are travelling with an under 12.
Is there any benefit to me continuing to try online or should I just go about my day enjoying universal and do it at the airport?
We also have a connecting flight to Edinburgh which I assume I can check in for MCO as the luggage will go straight through.
Any advice appreciated.
Old 24 Jul 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Last year we checked in online for the outbound flight but coming back we checked in at the airport. When we were given our boarding passes I checked the seat numbers and noticed we were upgraded to WT+. We are a family of four and had the middle row of four seats together.

Sorry can't give you a more specific answer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would always advise to check in online if you can, but if that is not possible, check in at the airport.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks. Still can't get it to work. Assuming if they are offering upgrades the flight isn't full so hopefully worst case scenario we will be fine with our allocated seats.
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

We had this a couple of weeks ago, online check in offering free upgrade but kept getting an error message. We gave up in the end and just checked in at MCO. I asked about upgrading and was told it would be $850 each so politely refused. We were then handed our boarding cards with Club World on them and seated in row 10. I had a look during the flight and 2 of the 4 seats we should've had in WT+ had someone else in them. Hopefully you have the same and enjoy your free upgrade. We were checked right through to Glasgow at MCO so you should be checked right through to Edinburgh. You should also be able to use the BA lounge in Gatwick before your Edinburgh flight. This was much quieter and more relaxing than the main departure area. Have a safe journey home.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I could be wrong, but my theory is once you have used your outward leg, there is less chance of you being denied a boarding card for the return journey. I always do the return check in at the airport.

Disney332
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
We had this a couple of weeks ago, online check in offering free upgrade but kept getting an error message. We gave up in the end and just checked in at MCO. I asked about upgrading and was told it would be $850 each so politely refused. We were then handed our boarding cards with Club World on them and seated in row 10. I had a look during the flight and 2 of the 4 seats we should've had in WT+ had someone else in them. Hopefully you have the same and enjoy your free upgrade. We were checked right through to Glasgow at MCO so you should be checked right through to Edinburgh. You should also be able to use the BA lounge in Gatwick before your Edinburgh flight. This was much quieter and more relaxing than the main departure area. Have a safe journey home.
Wow that would be a welcome bonus you must have been well chuffed but I won't get my hopes up. As long as we get our allocated seats.
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I could be wrong, but my theory is once you have used your outward leg, there is less chance of you being denied a boarding card for the return journey. I always do the return check in at the airport.

Disney332
Thanks that's reassuring
Old 24 Jul 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Wow that would be a welcome bonus you must have been well chuffed but I won't get my hopes up. As long as we get our allocated seats.
Yes we were. We had booked WT+ for our return flight but hadn't booked seats with it being such a small cabin we knew we wouldn't be far apart if not sat together. The only seats left the week before went was a middle group of 4 seats so no point in paying to pre-book them. Being sat in WT+ would have got us access to the lounge anyway but CW was a very welcome bonus. Hope you get your upgrade to WT+ as it will be quieter than the main cabin but like you say the main thing will be being sat together.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Yes we were. We had booked WT+ for our return flight but hadn't booked seats with it being such a small cabin we knew we wouldn't be far apart if not sat together. The only seats left the week before went was a middle group of 4 seats so no point in paying to pre-book them. Being sat in WT+ would have got us access to the lounge anyway but CW was a very welcome bonus. Hope you get your upgrade to WT+ as it will be quieter than the main cabin but like you say the main thing will be being sat together.
Thanks. Sad to leave. A nicer seat on the plane would soften the blow. As long as we all get a wee sleep on the way back..