Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 9 Mar 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Advice Please - Ordering Amazon Pantry from the UK to be delivered to Disney hotel

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this! I'm new to the forum.

I am trying to set up ordering Amazon Pantry to be delivered for our stay in Port Orleans in April/May. I have signed up for prime on the US site.

However, whenever I try and put in ANY US zip code it just comes up with an error saying "Prime Pantry items cannot be shipped to the selected address".

I even added Port Orleans to my saved addresses, still same error. It won't let me add any new zip code at all.

Is this because I am in the UK and can't order on the US site? I have searched online for any information but my searches come up with nothing, just a load of Amazon pantry promotion.

I'm getting really frustrated so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Has anyone from the UK done this successfully?

Thank you!

p.s I have looked into Garden Grocer and they are just too expensive, I can't justify spending that much on water and snacks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Something to think about is that the Disney resorts are now charging a handling fee for any parcels they receive, it's $5 i think so bear that in mind when you price up.
Water is also free in the resorts and parks, just ask for a cup of iced water and they are happy to give you one at any kiosk.

Edited at 06:43 PM. Reason: correction
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh thank you letting me know that!
I'm just trying to find a way to have some cereal bars for breakfast available and a few snacks at the parks to save us some money.
I was worried that taking them in our luggage would hold us up at customs seeing as though we have to declare everything?

I have never been into the US with food before.

Thank you for replying
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paperboats View Post
I'm just trying to find a way to have some cereal bars for breakfast available and a few snacks at the parks to save us some money.
I was worried that taking them in our luggage would hold us up at customs seeing as though we have to declare everything?

Thank you for replying
You do have to declare it but it shouldn't cause you massive delays at all.

If it's just snack bars etc i'd take them with me. Either that or get an Uber to a supermarket when you get there.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thank you for replying
We always take cereal and snack bars with us in our luggage. You do have to declare it, but it's never made that much of a difference to us. A lot of people just get waved through, but you might be sent to have your cases x-rayed. We always have been and it takes 5 minutes maximum and then we're off again. If you're flying in to MCO, then the e-ray area is right next to the customs desk, so no big detours or anything. I just find it easier taking a few bits from home that I know the children will like

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We always take cereal and snack bars with us in our luggage. You do have to declare it, but it's never made that much of a difference to us. A lot of people just get waved through, but you might be sent to have your cases x-rayed. We always have been and it takes 5 minutes maximum and then we're off again. If you're flying in to MCO, then the e-ray area is right next to the customs desk, so no big detours or anything. I just find it easier taking a few bits from home that I know the children will like
That's really good to know - thank you Might just be easier to pack them then... have you ever taken baked goods, like bagels?

In your opinion how is the water in Orlando? I was going to order some water bottles as I read it's not very nice... I'm not super fussy but we were in Malta in January and the water there was quite hard to stomach so I though it might be worthwhile.

But I might be over thinking it!
Old 9 Mar 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

That's really good to know - thank you Might just be easier to pack them then... have you ever taken baked goods, like bagels?

In your opinion how is the water in Orlando? I was going to order some water bottles as I read it's not very nice... I'm not super fussy but we were in Malta in January and the water there was quite hard to stomach so I though it might be worthwhile.

But I might be over thinking it!
The tap water in Florida is safe to drink but a little unpalatable to what we're used to.

If you ask for free iced water, I find it tastes better than the provided water fountains.

You could also consider taking the little squash concentrates with you to add to the free water to flavour it a bit.

Such as these:

Edited at 04:35 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Cab to the supermarket and stock up, will save loads of you buy beer/wine for the room, snacks, breakfast stuff, water, juice, souvenirs.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are taking some cereal bars, tea bags and robinsons squash'd (as previous post) with us. Just going to declare it.
We weren't held up at all when we went to New York with food in our luggage. Just be honest & declare or you could face a hefty fine.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to jump in, which is the closest supermarket? I've seen Publix, Walmart and Winn-dixies, or does it not rally matter? Trying to decide if with taxi/uber costs there and back should I just do it via Garden grocer. TIA x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List