Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Mar 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Checked April, May, June.
All increased to £39.

Will be contacting Sky tomorrow.
They told me the price was fixed for 18 months.
I took pictures of chat screens as proof.

Not happy, because if they passed on this increase, they will pass on future rises.
Best of luck, let us know how it goes as I'm in the same boat. Fingers crossed for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
T_Hodge
I have Ears

I recently had a disagreement with Sky over this.

I wanted to cancel as my total price was increasing by over 10% but they starting saying:
The 10% is on your standard prices before any discounts (we are tied into an 18 month offer)
Then they said its against any separate parts of your subscription I.e. Ultimate In Demand, Cinema.

When I went back to them and highlighted which parts of my subscription were above 10% another rep explained that it only counts on your basic sky TV package. I asked where in the T&Cs it says this, they read something they couldn't prove had ever been provided to me and I read them the T&Cs they gave me and the ones on their website which simply refer to 'Your Sky TV'. Their rebuttal was that this means the basic package but I have an email from when I joined which says 'Your Sky TV' and then details all my package!

We agreed to disagree after I was on hold for 10 minutes while they spoke to their manager but they put a discount on my account to counteract the price increase which was our 'compromise' because they didn't want me to cancel my contract (which they had originally told me I couldn't do!) the rep did concede that neither they or their manager could counteract the argument as that is what was provided to me!

All I can say is read your terms and conditions and ensure they are sticking to them as much as they expect you to!

Edited at 12:09 PM. Reason: Formatting
T_Hodge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mine looks like it’s going up by around £8. I got a letter stating that I had three separate £2 increases, but my bills seem to be going from £57 to £65. We got a new deal last summer so I don’t think I’ve got a leg to stand on with this .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I rang on Sunday and set my sky up to cancel it’s just not good value for us anymore kids barely watch it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Checked April, May, June.
All increased to £39.

Will be contacting Sky tomorrow.
They told me the price was fixed for 18 months.
I took pictures of chat screens as proof.

Not happy, because if they passed on this increase, they will pass on future rises.
Me too! Tried phoning yesterday, made no sense at all and just ended call none the wiser. Very frustrating. We pay £76 per month, for Entertainment package, movies, HD, multi room, and sports.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Boyfriend phoned yesterday and cancelled apart from Entertainment and HD. Went down to watch final episode of Marcella I had on the planner and couldn't watch it -aargh! Still, at least we're not paying nearly £90 a month for stuff we don't watch, especially the movies - they're dire!
Old 27 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to update thread.
So far have spent three hours on Sunday, two hours on Monday, and over two hours last night contacting Sky.
Both by phone (Sunday) and chat.
No solution as yet.
Sky seem to be using the price complaint contact as an opportunity to upgrade packages, and upsell to Sky Q.
Trying again tonight.
Taken at least seven hours so far.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

This thread gave me the kick I needed to get our Sky Q price down. Totally guilty of not having done this for a long long time and have been paying well over the odds!

DH won't move from Sky as he really likes it so I had to do something, so I've managed to get ours down to £79 which includes:

HD
Multiscreen - as we have a 2TB box and 3 minis.
Entertainment
Cinema
Sports
F1
Fibre Max Broadband
Line Rental including evening and weekend calls.

I used their offer which I saw on their website which came up for existing customers of "Sky Entertainment with Sports, Cinema & HD" for £45 as my start on the phone and went from there.

£79 still isn't cheap but it's a lot cheaper than we were paying so thank you for this thread which gave me the kick I needed.

Edited at 07:44 PM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Well I called to set up my notice to cancel on Sunday
And keep getting email offers
To stay
The latest being 19£ for the tv with entertainment plus box sets and kids
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Finally sorted it.
Without exaggeration it's taken since last Saturday on a mixture of phone calls, chat and Facebook.
Been told various things to justify the rise, Government protocol, the cost of football, Q boxes are more expensive ( I don't have football or Q ), also assured there are no Sky fixed offers, despite my telling them I have photos of my previous chat pages, and screenshots taken of Sky adverts confirming they do. Eventually spoke to somebody in Mumbai that said it was all a mistake and to check my bill in 31 days it would still be the same. She refused to e-mail me confirmation so I ignored that. Next one contradicted what she said and told me to check future bills on Sky website to see if it's been done but wait for 24 hours.

Today spoke to somebody on the phone that told me the discount is fixed not the subscription. This explains why my £37 is going up to £39. Sky are giving me the discounts as promised - it's the channel costs going up. So I should be 'cool'.

I confirmed this was not what I was promised before, I was told my monthly cost was fixed, regardless of their new wording, I should be charged the same until the 18 months are completed.

After being on hold for twenty minutes she came back on and said her manager has agreed to drop my F1 cost from £18 to £14 including HD. When I asked how much my bill would be she said £37. So I had a look at my previous chat photos which showed I was paying £14 already for F1 and Sports HD was free.

I told her I only wanted £2 reduction but as her manager was offering me a £4 reduction, that should reduce F1 from £14 to £10. My reasoning being Sky are advertising F1 at £10 monthly, and anyway the first three races are Sky One.

She put me on hold for another 15 minutes and came back agreeing to discount the £4 from F1 meaning I would be paying £10 for F1.
My total monthly bill would be £35 from April.

I'm happy with that. I'm not saying I've got a brilliant deal, I know other pay less than me for everything, but I'm just pleased it isn't going up. That's all I wanted really, for them to honour their original promise that it was fixed price.

I've checked online and the future bills show £35 so she's done what she promised. Great !

That's taken far too much time, most people would have given up I think.

... Sorry boring post again, but might be helpful.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List