Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Thanks
Are the SUVs you've listed all STD SUVs. The price differential the dates we're going -27th July 18th Aug is 770 STD vs 1043 for Full size which is quite a price difference
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Yes all of them I got with a std suv. The only one which may be a grey area is the Ford Explorer, the Explorer was a std suv but recently Alamo class it as in between std and full but myself and others have managed to get it with a standard suv booking by asking and telling them we believe it should be std suv. I’ve also heard others stating the same thing and not getting it as a std suv booking. All others I’ve listed are std suv. My full size ones I’ve had are Tahoe, Ford Expedition and Suburban.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Radel View Post
Thanks
Are the SUVs you've listed all STD SUVs. The price differential the dates we're going -27th July 18th Aug is 770 STD vs 1043 for Full size which is quite a price difference
I'm seeing an Int SUV but get a free Max upgrade to Standard for £692
Also a Full Size SUV for £960

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Didn’t realise prices vary this much. We are going 19th Aug to 6th Sept and have a full size SUV for £642 from Alamo.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Didn’t realise prices vary this much. We are going 19th Aug to 6th Sept and have a full size SUV for £642 from Alamo.
For your dates with Auto Europe, 1 driver £525.71

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

With Alamo standard suv we’ve always had 7 seats. The only year we didn’t was when we had car hire with Avis and we got what we were given.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

a few years ago we went with friends, three couples (no kids) - we got two standard cars and a hyundai santa fe 7 seater (think it was an int suv class?) and paid the extra between us (back when alamo brits allowed 4 drivers on the policy for free so we could all drive each others vehicles)

that way, when we all went out together, we only had one parking fee, and it meant we only needed one designated driver, so the rest of us could have a beer (and take it in turns to drive)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
For your dates with Auto Europe, 1 driver £525.71
Thanks Tom, we have multiple drivers but will check out what that prices in as. Appreciate your steer. Pun intended.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
With Alamo standard suv we’ve always had 7 seats. The only year we didn’t was when we had car hire with Avis and we got what we were given.
I'm currently deciding between Alamo and Avis...as a long time Avis customer. But hearing a few of these stories about lack of choice at MCO for SUVs is steering me towards Alamo.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have had a Standard SUVs that are 7 seaters. The Nissan Pathfinder is just 1 example.

With regards to Apple Car Play I have more knowledge of nuclear physics sorry. I do have an iPhone though and it makes phone calls and can take pictures. That's my entire knowledge of it.
Hi,

Do you recommend the Pathfinder, first time in a long while we are having a SUV with a free upgrade with Alamo book through autoeurope. Wasn't going to pay for a minivan at double the price, when though we love the Pacifica.

Melvin and Lesley