Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Aug 19, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Brought To You by The Letters A, J and R and The Number 3 - Day 8 Magic Kingdom

I woke naturally at 7.00, Alex was not long behind. Today we are headed for the Magic Kingdom which for me is the number 1 place to be whilst in Orlando! We had to wake Ramona as had a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest.

We left at 9.30, I felt we were cutting it fine. We visit every year and yet began our day heading off in the complete wrong direction! We then u turned getting stuck in a small amount of traffic as 2 lanes merged into 1 due to road works. We then couldn’t find the transport and ticket centre. We could see it but couldn’t find the entrance! At this point I could feel my blood pressure rise! Ramona had wanted to travel by bus. We have never been on a Disney bus as Alex likes to drive. I usually deliberately do not book or plan anything early as we are useless with timings but honestly thought we would be okay with a 10.15 reservation. Ramona was feeling the stress of the situation and told Alex that she hoped he realised that this was his fault!

The transport and ticket centre is undergoing building works and the tram drop off is at present not in front of the ticket booths. All visitors are hearded through maize like boards towards them and it feels like you’re walking miles out of your way just to cross the road. We opted for the ferry to transport us across the lake and they packed us on!

We were stood outside Be Our Guest in the longest line at 11.00. 45 minutes after our breakfast reservation! Ramona was fuming, I reassured her that we would wait to see if we would be served first before murdering Alex! She wasn’t angry at the possibility of missing breakfast as wasn’t going to eat, she doesn’t like any of the options. It was the whole palaver of actually getting into the park! I sent Alex to enquire whether we’d missed breakfast. We had. I then had to wait in line to check/beg that I wouldn’t be charged as had to leave a credit card deposit. I was offered lunch but declined and reassured that my card would not be charged.

We headed over to Gaston’s Tavern, and ordered cinnamon rolls all round.

We headed to our first fast pass at 11.30 which was for Peter Pan’s flight. The attendant felt we’d all fit in 1 boat. I disagreed, we would fit but would not be comfortable so we took 2. I sat with Mona.

Boats to Neverland

It was muggy and we were feeling ropey so went to watch Philharmagic. We’d not seen this for years. It was nice to cool down.

Our Space Mountain fast pass had now opened and so we headed to ride.

Then onto the people mover getting a look at the new coaster being built as we travelled around tomorrow land.

We then went to watch the carousel of progress. I usually snooze through this as it bores me however I watched this time. Ramona seemed to really enjoy it.

Our Mine Train fast passes had now opened so we went to ride. This attraction had been down for the morning but luckily for us was now back up and running. The stand by line was over 2 hours long!

After we’d scanned our fast passes I was able to secure a Haunted Mansion fast pass which was open as soon as we got off of the train. We walked over to Liberty Square to ride, unaware there is now a photo taken on the ride. Alex was fiddling with his phone!

On ride photo took us by surprise

We decided to stop for lunch at Columbia Harbour House. We were going to share 2 meals but all the wanted different things! Mona had chicken nuggets, Alex a combo trio and I had salmon rice and green beans.

I was able to get a Pirates if the Caribbean fast pass as we ate so headed there next.

On the ride walk through we got a fast pass for the Little Mermaid ride.

I wanted to line up to see Mickey. Ramona didn’t initially but was persuaded/bribed. The wait was marked up as 25 minutes but we only seemed to wait about 15.

We stopped to get some snacks from the sweet shop for later and left the park at 5pm. It was very busy in Magic Kingdom but I felt we’d had a good day despite the arrival anxiety.

We walked back to the car. We headed back to the resort, had a rest and our snacks from the sweet shop. A Halloween Rice Krispie bar for Mone, a pecan pattie for Alex and a chocolate pineapple skewer for me. We had a chill out and the weather began to storm.

At 7.45 we lost power at the resort. We decided to check out Port Orleans food options. We opted for a pizza meal deal. This has changed from last year, it’s now a square pizza and comes with garlic bread sticks and a Caesar salad. We waited sometime for this to be prepared and by the time we were done and arrived back, power had been restored.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List