Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Sep 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
Have the most awesome time making memories.

Ditch the wigs, but some Hygge bands, so comfy and pretty, and stay in place.

My favourite snacks are Funnel cake, and Minute Maid frozen lemonade tubs, so refreshing.
Ooh have just looked at funnel cake and it looks and sounds delicious... now been added to my list.

Frozen lemonade also sounds good, but funnel cake sounds better 🤣🤣
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lettie
Imagineer

I don't normally dance, but just for you.

Old 7 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Wishing you the most wonderful holiday. You have given me some hope that I could maybe make another trip with Isabel and it’s brightened my morning, so thank you for that.

Can’t wait to see the photos xx
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Wonderful to hear you are able to go back to your happy place .
I have a funny story regarding wigs , years ago just after my chemo had finished I went to a theme park with my daughter and very young grandson , he wanted to go on one of those huge slides that has about six lanes , daughter couldn’t go on because she was heavily pregnant with grandson number two , so I plucked up courage to take him on , we climbed the dozens of steps to get to the top and when I looked down I thought this is a mistake 😱 I couldn’t back out now so I juggled around placing us both in the slide mat and put my arms round my grandson to protect him , as we set off I immediately realised this could end in disaster with my wig flying off , I’m sure I ended up with one hand around him and one on my head , when we got down my daughter said I don’t know who I was more worried about , him or you losing your wig 😂. I have no advice for you other than keep a hand free and you will be fine 😊
As for snacks if you are anything like I was I lost my taste and everything seemed bland , I ended up buying aniseed balls just to get something with some flavour .you will have to try plenty of different snacks to find out what is the nicest 😉.
You have really been through the mill and so brave , it’s sheer determination that pushes us on and you sure have that . Have an amazing holiday and keep us updated when you get some quiet time if you can x
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Lindaelaine... I am wearing my longer wig on days when we are doing RnR, Forbidden Journey or EE.
My DH is putting his arm around me and holding on to one side and Im holding onto the other... surely between us we can stop any accident

Still trying to work out if theres a way to do some waterparks
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
Lindaelaine... I am wearing my longer wig on days when we are doing RnR, Forbidden Journey or EE.
My DH is putting his arm around me and holding on to one side and Im holding onto the other... surely between us we can stop any accident

Still trying to work out if theres a way to do some waterparks
That’s definitely going to be a challenge , you may just have to embrace it, chemo may have taken your hair but be brave and be proud, don’t let it take your freedom , do the water parks and go without the wig , use loads of sun cream though if you do .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
Wishing you the most wonderful holiday. You have given me some hope that I could maybe make another trip with Isabel and it’s brightened my morning, so thank you for that.

Can’t wait to see the photos xx
Hi Amanda, Ive just been catching up with Isabels update.

I personally havent had immunotherapy but my dad did very successfully for secondary lung cancer and his professor at the Christie said its now been proven that a year of immunotherapy is as much as anyone should really need.

With regards to targeted therapies that is what I am now on, and yes mine's a tablet. I am hoping that you get good news and that it can be crushed and adminsistered by NG tube. When are you hoping to hear?

Although we recently moved to Liverpool area to be near my children, one's about to start uni in LLiverpool and ones recently completed a masters here, I have chosen to stay under the care of the Christie in Manchester rather than transfer to Clatterbridge. (mainly because my drugs werent even licensed in this country until 3 weeks ago).

I'd also advise researching trials... thats how I started on my targeted therapy.

Things are changing all the time. Google is your friend. I'm sure you are being very proactive and researching anything and everything.

Also ask for a pain clinic referral in oncology. GP and normal pain clinic didnt ever prescribe anything to help my hip and joint pain that actually even took the edge off. Oncology pain clinic actually listen and understand.

I'm also under psycho oncology and this is helping with anxiety/depression/ptsd... has Isabel been offered some counselling? and have you? Its a lot for anyone to be dealing with.

If you ever want to chat please feel free to pm xx
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope you have a fantastic time & make some special memories 🥰🥰🥰 enjoy every minute xx
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can’t tell you how much hope this post has given me. I was diagnosed with mets in my hip last week, having had breast cancer in 2002. Tomorrow I will be cancelling the WDW holiday that was planned to celebrate my 17th cancerversary. You give me hope that I might be able to visit again in the future.
I hope you have the most wonderful trip, making memories every moment.
Thanks again!
Jax1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Congrats! I like the samosas and fries at AK for a snack that could be a meal!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List