Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Flights to Australia

Hello everyone,
My brother and sister in law are thinking of flying to Australia to see my nephew who has moved over there. He wants to go next year via Sydney.
Does anyone have an idea if any of the airlines that fly over there have sales and if so when would they normally be please? He want to fly business or first.
We have always been to Florida so know about sales to there but not further afield flights!
Thanks in advance for any insights
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I have made the trip a lot over the last ten years. I think most airlines have sales at some time or other, but I am not aware of any particular pattern to it. I think once they are eleven months out, they just need to start monitoring what is available and then book when they find a price they like.

Are they members of any frequent flyer schemes? If so they might want to focus on either that airline or one of the partner airlines as there would be a lot of points to be had for business / first class to Australia.

Airlines I have flown first class to / from Sydney are British Airways, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific. I think Cathay is the best first class, probably followed by Thai which has a very nice first class, although I wouldn't fly in Thai business class.

I have flown in business class on BA, Qantas and Cathay. I would choose either BA or Cathay in business. I don't really like Qantas business because of the layout of the seats, very little privacy and they do not have enough loos in the business cabin and there are long queues virtually the whole flight! (And this was not a one off, DH and I have both made the trip a number of times).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi

He needs to join Head for points as they always post when there are good business and first sales on. He will need to be flexible on dates/route and jump on it when an offer comes up.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
janjan
Serious Dibber

janjan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Best price and service I have had is with Emirates, would not go with anyone člse now.
Old 12 Jun 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Also consider Qatar, we prefer them just ahead of Emirates but both are excellent. Also we like Singapore, never flown Cathay. Only flown Etihad once - hated it.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Thanks all -will pass on the advice
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List