Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tanyabanya View Post
i just booked with WDTC for next year and they told me magic bands were a thing of the past and that we will all just get a 'key to the world card' :-(
What a load of ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ considering they have just released a load of new designs! They are available now, are being used now and you are entitled to buy one in MDE if you wish. The person simply hasn't got a clue. I would make a polite complaint saying the staff need to be told they are still available and are most definitely not a thing of the past until they stop manufacturing them which they obviously have not.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
this is the method I use:

1) get a VPN - I use PrivateInternetAccess (I used a quidco signup to get it for "free" effectively). There are many free ones out there, many paid ones. When you switch on the VPN you normally choose which country you wish to use as your endpoint.
2) open chrome, then open "new incognito window", this ensures that your regular cookies wont interfere
3) go log onto MDE
4) shop

When you are done, disconnect the VPN. Note! Not all VPNs will work, some are actively blocked by companies (netflix and disney+ sometimes block my PIA but there are lots of endpoints to choose from so I can usually use Netflix and Disney+ pretending to be in another country)
Looks to be sold out now 😩
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
What a load of ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ considering they have just released a load of new designs! They are available now, are being used now and you are entitled to buy one in MDE if you wish. The person simply hasn't got a clue. I would make a polite complaint saying the staff need to be told they are still available and are most definitely not a thing of the past until they stop manufacturing them which they obviously have not.
They were probably referring to free Magic Bands being a thing of the past and plastic tickets being issued instead, which is indeed the case.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Calm down! They were probably referring to free Magic Bands being a thing of the past and plastic tickets being issued instead, which is indeed the case.
I see you have edited the bit telling me to calm down. One, don't tell me what to do. Two, they said magic bands are a thing of the past. They are not. Three, a lot of people have told them there is a problem and they are ignoring it instead of saying we will check with I.T. for you. Four, anytime you have responded to a post of mine, you basically have a pop at me. Just because you don't like what someone has to say, doesn't mean you have to have a dig at them. Scroll on or put them on your ignore list, which i am going to do with you.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LiquidSunshine
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
Looks to be sold out now 😩
I have just been on the US site via a free VPN I downloaded this morning, and both of the 50th anniversary magic bands were available for me to select
LiquidSunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have VPN 360 downloaded on my phone, just turn it on and then go into MDE and look for the magic band bit on the app (under hotel details I believe) and choose and pay. The only thing I made sure was that the card I wanted to pay with was already saved on my MDE profile rather than adding it on the payment page. 4 bands ordered for $10 each.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by LiquidSunshine View Post
I have just been on the US site via a free VPN I downloaded this morning, and both of the 50th anniversary magic bands were available for me to select
Thanks, I found them eventually 🤣
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Does anybody know how often they get updated? Just I wanted a dvc band and there are none currently available.
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
So this is their response …
Guests can no longer personalize their MagicBands. If you booked your 2021 holiday before 24th June 2020, you can pick up your MagicBand when you check-in at your Resort. Otherwise, you can purchase a MagicBand from your Disney Resort hotel or from World of Disney including limited-edition and custom designs.
Looks like only US get discounted options 🤬😡 need to sort out a VPN me thinks !

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I’ve downloaded vpn360 but how do I order do I just use safari as normal and go to US site ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List