Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Exactly my perspective!

Agreed - despite spending a lot of time watching WDW vlogs, listening to WDW podcasts and perusing this fine website, I've not seen any mention of this.

The DIS Unplugged's Pete is never shy at calling Disney out for letting standards drop, even though he was a vested interest in selling WDW holidays, and to the best of my knowledge even he's not made spoken about this either.

I'm happy to go in anyone else's place if they don't feel they could cope right now!
I think you may have missed some of his vlogs. For someone who literally built his empire on his love of Disney his opinion has taken a big shift. If it wasn’t for my daughter loving Disney as much as she does we wouldn’t be going back next year.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

I agree with a lot of comments on this post. The magic for me will be seeing my sons face and his excitement at the atmosphere, rides, shows interactions what ever they look like. He won’t know what has changed, what isn’t the same as pre pandemic but he will know that we are spending time together and making memories to last a lifetime.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

We came back yesterday after 4 days at Disney and 4 at Universal. We had the best time, it was wonderful to be back there after nearly 3 years for us.

Disney was still magic, I was still gutted to leave. However we did notice the lack of sporadic characters and how to see them you have to be more organised to see the calvacades in MK for example (minus Mickey who is still doing his meet and greet and Princess Hall). So if this is a big part of the trip for you, you may miss it.

Universal was just the same as always and I have to say we saw many more characters out there albeit they were posing for distanced photos behind barriers.

We made the absolute most of what we could do and what was open and available. If you do that you’ll have the best time!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Part of the problem of being away for so long is that you have to rely on the opinions of others. We visited in September and we were worried that it wouldn’t be as magical, things wouldn’t be the same, it wouldn’t be the Disney we know and love.

Honestly? We had an absolute blast. It was our little boy’s first trip and from start to finish it was purely magical.

A lot of people are feeling tainted by Chapek and his approach at the moment and I totally understand that… but for us, a roughly once a year trip kinda family, it was absolutely bl**dy marvellous 😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

The magic is what you make it to be! We know things have changed in the world and you've got to factor in those things, but it doesn't mean that you or me will have a bad time, just a different time.

People will find the negative and elevate that above everything else, it's what they do. You do what make you happy and the magic will follow. Guaranteed.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
After the past almost 2 years, any version of Disney seems magical to me. I can't wait to go back, it will certainly be a bit different but so is everything these days!
Exactly this!
We're also traveling with an 18mo so know it won't be the same as our 2019 trip as just two adults even without covid. I'm so excited to see her walking down Main street and nothing can take that away!
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Came back yesterday and the magic was definitely still there.

Despite being very busy the parks were immaculate, cast members were lovely at both Universal and Disney and service was as good as it's ever been. Epcot World showcase was a small exception as more was closed than I was expecting but it certainly didn't ruin our trip.

Try not to worry about other people's opinions and reserve judgement until you've seen it for yourself but I definitely didn't see anything that would prompt me to cancel a trip or advise others to do so.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List