Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Looks like all current estas are being automatically set to expired. Ours that we only payed for and had approved about 2 weeks ago now shows expired. I personally wait and not waste the money, theres no info if when things calm down it would automatically change back to being authorised?
Did they email you?
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

It says all estas from UK and Europe have been expired I only did ours 4 weeks ago,

Edited at 10:41 PM.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
izzitme
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
It says all estas from UK and Europe have been canceled I only did ours 4 weeks ago,
It actually reads as follows: "In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who have questions about whether they are subject to, or exempted from, the Proclamation should refer to the Proclamation language, and consult with the U.S. Department of State and the air carrier, as appropriate, in advance of travel to avoid travel disruptions. Proclamation 9984 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus and Other Appropriate Measures To Address This Risk), Proclamation 9992 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus), and Proclamation 9993 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus) all remain in effect."

To me that reads that, if you attempt to gain entry to the USA whilst this ban is in place, they will cancel your ESTA.

I have just checked mine completed in February & it is still showing as authorised.
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like they are changing the status of ESTA's where the API has been completed for travel during the ban and possibly for the next month. I checked ours and still authorised, but don't travel until late July.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
izzitme
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
It looks like they are changing the status of ESTA's where the API has been completed for travel during the ban and possibly for the next month. I checked ours and still authorised, but don't travel until late July.
We are due to fly in June
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by izzitme View Post
We are due to fly in June
Good luck, hopefully relaxed by then
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
izzitme
Excited about Disney

Good luck, hopefully relaxed by then
We are (almost) resigned to missing out. Hopefully try again in October if necessary.
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

At the moment our ESTA’s are still showing as approved for August.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I think if they reach their"peek" of Corona in 8 wks as someone suggested and we are a couple of weeks behind them I dont think they will allow us back until a few weeks after so .We are supposed to go in May and I am resigned to not going now.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Did they email you?
No, i juist checked the status after reading this thread. We did do API and are due to fly 16th April - the first day after the algeded 30 day ban.

Edited at 11:46 PM.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List