Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Mar 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Sanaa Too much food? Another TS?

We are 5 nights onsite so 5 TS meals.
We have booked Sanaa in the afternoon of Day 1 as we plan to be at AK and like the style of food.
I really want to order the full bread service, it was always on my list to try. Bread service isn't on the DDP so we will be paying out of pocket for this. But then I question if there will be too much food at Sanaa? We'll have the bread service, two adult entrees (which look really big with two choices), two kids meals plus 4 desserts. Although DS may eat some of the breads too.
Has anyone found this too much? I'm thinking of sharing on breads and one adult entree and saving one TS meal for another restaurant. But where? Ideally it would be a restaurant where we could also order one adult entree (using the table service credit), one appetizer and two kids meals (appetizer and kids meals would be oop).

Any suggestions for squeezing another meal based on 1TS into our plan? Here is what we have already booked for ADR's based on a park plan:
Day 1: Sanaa 2.30pm AK in AM, quick stop as DS for gift card in afternoon.
Day 2: HS AM, Hotel Break in afternoon, H&V ADR at 5pm for Fantasmic package
Day 3: Water Park AM, Tusker House at 5pm for RoL package
Day 4: MK 12pm ADR for Tony's Town Square Parade package
Day 5: ADR at BoG at 9.25am (was the only slot I could get in the 5 days) and Akerhus Princess Dining at 2.45pm in Epcot.
We have QS and snack credits for other meals like breakfast.

Maybe a hotel TS restaurant on Day 4 in the evening? Or Day 2 HS at AM or lunchtime? We are staying at CBR.
Or am I overthinking this? Should we just keep as is with Sanaa?
I like value for money

Edited at 01:49 PM.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

you can get the bread service in the lounge ? then you could swap the Sanaa TS credit to another reservation ?

personally I like the look of Ale and Compass as a suggestion for another reservation or cape may café brekkie
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Just checking - you are probably aware that Sanaa isn't in or near Animal Kingdom? It's in Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas resort which is totally separate It's certainly in the general vicinity but still a trek in the car or bus if you were leaving the park for a meal and wanting to return. It's not like nipping out the back of EPCOT to eat at Boardwalk.

That being said, it's a fantastic restaurant and no I honestly don't think it's too much food. The entree size are some of the more reasonable compared to other places and the desserts are quite dainty. We're not talking big bowl of Raglan Road crumble and custard here.

Bread Service - go for it. One of the best eats at WDW. It really isn't that big if sharing between a family. Personally I could have gone another round of bread service as my daughter kept eating my favourite one.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Can I ask where you're staying onsite - it may influence people's suggestions.

Just to clarify my previous post about vicinity of Sanaa to AK. It's not so much that it's a distance away, it's not - 5 to 10 minutes at most. It's the fact that if you've made the trek back to your car and aren't planning to go back to AK, then any resort is easily within reach not just Sanaa.

I only asked because some DIBBers in the past, have mistakenly planned their day around Sanaa or Boma thinking it's in the park itself.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Many thanks. I was aware that Sanaa is outside of the park. But we've never visited any of the resorts so are largely unfamiliar with the layout.
We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and will have a car (but may not use it on all of the onsite days given the space for a few cocktails on DDP).
I've just reserved Chef Mickey for that 1st day at 7am. This was the earliest place / time with a character buffet. I figure that this would allow us to be at AK for 8.15am (driving).
Given that we'll need to go to Disney Springs on the first day afternoon then I think that an early breakfast at chef mickey, followed by a few hours at AK then a pizza or something at Disney Springs in the afternoon might suit us better.
Alas I might not get my bread service :-(

Edited at 03:16 PM.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
Many thanks. I was aware that Sanaa is outside of the park. But we've never visited any of the resorts so are largely unfamiliar with the layout.
We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and will have a car (but may not use it on all of the onsite days given the space for a few cocktails on DDP).
I've just reserved Chef Mickey for that 1st day at 7am. This was the earliest place / time with a character buffet. I figure that this would allow us to be at AK for 8.15am (driving).
Given that we'll need to go to Disney Springs on the first day afternoon then I think that an early breakfast at chef mickey, followed by a few hours at AK then a pizza or something at Disney Springs in the afternoon might suit us better.
Alas I might not get my bread service :-(

If you're now planning on going to Chef Mickey early on your first day have you thought of going to MK on that morning rather than AK? Reason being even a buffet can take quite a while so you may not be out and driving to AK by 8.15am, whereas you're almost next to MK from Chef Mickey and it would give you a nice early morning.

If you definitely want to do AK on your first day I would keep looking and try and change Chef Mickey for an early breakfast at Tusker House or even miss a sit down breakfast completely and get a snack for your first breakfast and then you'll be out and about nice and early.

Sorry if this is no help at all, although would agree if you can get to do the bread service at Sanaa it is very nice.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

As Susan mentioned, I can't see that timescale working easily for a 7am ADR at Chef Mickeys to be at AK for 8.15.

Possible if you rushed your meal, with one eye on the clock and then didn't enjoy the experience. Might not even get to meet Mickey and gang as they come round the tables. Is the 8.15 at AK set in stone for a reason or just a reasonable time to get there for rope drop?

Old 7 Mar 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t think Saanas portions were large, just right if anything. Whole family really enjoyed it and the bread service is great! We tried to have just one TS meal per day as found we weren’t hungry. Particularly with the buffets!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Many thanks for all the advice. After discussing with DH he is not so keen on the early Chef Mickey reservation. And we don't want to be rushing it to get to AK in advance of rope drop. Our aim is to maximise the mornings in the parks which is why most of our ADR's are lunchtime or later.
Given the fact that we could do a snack breakfast, be hungry for a larger lunch and that the advice is that portion size is ok... then I think the pendulum is swinging back toward Sanaa
Old 8 Mar 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Not sure if you're going to Disney Springs that day because that's the day you actually want to fit it in, but don't worry too much about having to get there on that first day if it'd be easier for you to fit it in another time.

You can always charge things to your room and pick up the gift card from Disney Springs to pay those charges off at another time, if that would suit you better
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List