Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 28 Sep 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Christmas Hampers

How I don’t know but DIL has talked me into doing a Christmas hamper for Gds nursery Christmas fare raffle
I don’t want to do a traditional hamper that most might go in the bin
So I’ve thought of a Christmas Eve type hamper
I’ll bring back some of our favourite Us goodies peppermint bark White Cheddar jalapeño Cheetos etc
I’ve thought of mugs and hot choclate sachets flavoured coffee a couple of little bottles of proseco
Home made gingerbread men cookies a plate for Santa and a mug a magic Key if they have no chimney a cosy blanket to snuggle up on the sofa with and this is where I’m struggling do folk still watch DVDs or blue rays or do I just put in a voucher for our local American ice cream type shop
Or cinema voucher
Christmas activity crafts obviously they will be bought in the dollar store as the fall (autumn) Halloween stuff I brought back for them last week
Has gone down a storm
Any other suggestions welcome
As a grandma I might be a bit out of touch
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Where can I buy a raffle ticket?
I want to win your hamper 🙋🏻

It All sounds amazing, what about reindeer food ( oats and glitter) to sprinkle on the lawn.

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes that would work I’ve got stuff for Santa’s foot prints on the lawn if need be
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A fluffy throw, hot water bottle, Christmas eye mask, bath bombs, fluffy socks, mug, shortbread, candy canes, pjs maybe or slippers but you probably wont know what size, candles, antlers or christmas hat from Clares x

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sandra all,of these are great but we have a few single Dads ( the prosecco will have a swap.out ie red wine or buds ) so,it needs to be something they can enjoy with the kiddos as well DH has suggested some sort of Lego or jigsaw or snap or happy family dominos etc he’s just in from a night out so before he got to put the Ryder Cup high
Ights on he had to contribute
Old 28 Sep 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This sounds amazing! Could you add in a lottery ticket for whenever the lottery falls nearest Xmas? I can't remember if they do a Xmas eve or Xmas day one?
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yep lottery ticket now going in
Old 28 Sep 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

You can get lovely colouring in thank you letters for Santa dd loves doing that before bed on Xmas eve. Last year I got santa a old fashioned mini glass milk bottle with a straw for his milk and a lovely santa plate to put his cookies and carrot on. Or what about a personalised tree bauble ie Christmas 2018 ect. A Christmas cook/nibbles/drink book would be a good one. Your hamper sounds fab already good luck with it.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sandra all,of these are great but we have a few single Dads ( the prosecco will have a swap.out ie red wine or buds ) so,it needs to be something they can enjoy with the kiddos as well DH has suggested some sort of Lego or jigsaw or snap or happy family dominos etc he’s just in from a night out so before he got to put the Ryder Cup high
Ights on he had to contribute
A xmas mug can be enjoyed by anyone, or a candle or throw, candy canes, uno and dobble are good card games. Those beer mats with funny faces are good too x
Old 29 Sep 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think I would love to be the winner.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List