Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Nov 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Phuket to Phi Phi

We are going to Phuket in February.

Does anyone have any recommendations of day trips to Phi Phi with small group numbers? Everything I’m seeing online seems to be either big numbers i.e. 35/40 on one boat or private boats, but they’re a bit out of our price range!

Thanks
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d probably just wait until you’re there! We’ve booked many a tour in Thailand and you can always barter and find the best price! I’m sure you’ll be able to find a private boat for at least 50% less than you’d pay booking online!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
I’d probably just wait until you’re there! We’ve booked many a tour in Thailand and you can always barter and find the best price! I’m sure you’ll be able to find a private boat for at least 50% less than you’d pay booking online!
Thank you. I have heard that a few times - I think it’s the inner Orlando planner in me that keeps telling me to find something now
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not specific to phuket

on samui earlier this year we got a trip to koh tao for about 1/3 of the advertised price by tour companies via a taxi driver who knew a bloke who could sort us out. amazingly was all sorted on whatsapp..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I would agree with not booking until you get there. Our accommodation booked our boat trips for a good deal cheaper than we were looking at online. Also, the day we booked to visit Phang Na Bay it was raining so we just rescheduled. The smaller local operators who don’t have a website tend to be a bit quieter- a couple of times the boats would hold around 30 people but the maximum we ever went with was about 10 people, so plenty of room and relaxing.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you. I have heard that a few times - I think it’s the inner Orlando planner in me that keeps telling me to find something now
Trust me I LOVE to plan! But with Thailand / Asia, always worth waiting and booking there!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
not specific to phuket

on samui earlier this year we got a trip to koh tao for about 1/3 of the advertised price by tour companies via a taxi driver who knew a bloke who could sort us out. amazingly was all sorted on whatsapp..
Wow! What a way to find someone.
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I would agree with not booking until you get there. Our accommodation booked our boat trips for a good deal cheaper than we were looking at online. Also, the day we booked to visit Phang Na Bay it was raining so we just rescheduled. The smaller local operators who don’t have a website tend to be a bit quieter- a couple of times the boats would hold around 30 people but the maximum we ever went with was about 10 people, so plenty of room and relaxing.
Ah, around 10 sounds much better than what I’ve seen on some sites. We went snorkelling in Cozumel in March with a group of 8 which was perfect.
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Trust me I LOVE to plan! But with Thailand / Asia, always worth waiting and booking there!
I think we will take your advice and wait it out. Just gives me another reason to get our autumn LA trip booked for the planning bug...
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We went to Phuket last summer and did a trip to Phi Phi, paid around £100 for 4 of us , booked just outsizes our hotel. To prebook from here same trip was around £250. Definitely book when you are there. Also look at the Elephant Sanctuary, best day ever!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List