Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
I’m thinking of booking cabana bay for 11 nights or alternatively cabana bay for 3/4 nights followed by a villa in AMI.

I’m not sure how much to budget for food as we were previously relying on the dining plan. We have 3 children (13,11 and 8) so snacks a plenty, drinks etc. Would £200 a day over it? I know it depends on where we eat etc but need some idea. We’d want a mix of fast food with some treats, nicer meals a long the way.

Is Universal as pricey as Disney for dining?

Any advice appreciated 😊
I think universal is cheaper than Disney for food. Me and my partner usually average Just under $100 a day while staying onsite. There’s lots of tips and tricks for budget dining at universal. I think you’d definitely be fine will £200 a day.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
panda express on city walk cheap as chips
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

So cabana Bay is open. I'm in a group and a lady there arrived yesterday their time. The hot tub is shut, supposedly the pool with slide is shut. Lazy river open. No refills... They are charging $4 for a small coke! But us British are used to that anyway. Will just need to buy stuff from the supermarket.

The restaurant is running at 25%.

If I see any other updates I'll let you know.

Oh she said they take your temp and you get a wristband.

And she's says masks don't need to be worn around the pool area. But hopefully get more detail on that today.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Having been to WDW the last 2 years I'm so excited about my Universal visit, all these new experiences. I'm spending hours reading up on it all 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
What does Phase 2 entail?
Have a look here.

mysuncoast/2020/06/0...inning-friday/
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
So cabana Bay is open. I'm in a group and a lady there arrived yesterday their time. The hot tub is shut, supposedly the pool with slide is shut. Lazy river open. No refills... They are charging $4 for a small coke! But us British are used to that anyway. Will just need to buy stuff from the supermarket.

The restaurant is running at 25%.

If I see any other updates I'll let you know.

Oh she said they take your temp and you get a wristband.

And she's says masks don't need to be worn around the pool area. But hopefully get more detail on that today.
Thank you for this, it's very helpful. I'm due to go on 13th September (staying at Sapphire Falls) and I'll be reading updates with interest.

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
I think universal is cheaper than Disney for food. Me and my partner usually average Just under $100 a day while staying onsite. There’s lots of tips and tricks for budget dining at universal. I think you’d definitely be fine will £200 a day.
This is good to hear. I'm going solo and my 7 night Sapphire Falls stay is nearly £700 less than my 7 night POFQ stay so it sounds like my food costs will easily be covered.
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

To anyone who is considering switching to Universal I've booked with Orlando Attractions (orlandoattractions.com). I've used them before and highly recommend them. They have offices in the UK and Orlando. They've given me a good price and the service is excellent. You can request a quote on their website. It says to allow 2 business days but I got mine emailed to me within 1 hour.
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
To anyone who is considering switching to Universal I've booked with Orlando Attractions (orlandoattractions.com). I've used them before and highly recommend them. They have offices in the UK and Orlando. They've given me a good price and the service is excellent. You can request a quote on their website. It says to allow 2 business days but I got mine emailed to me within 1 hour.
Is there a free cancellation period?
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don’t think there will be either treatment or vaccine. The prediction for vaccine is 2021 and for treatment - well tests haVe just resumed on drugs which it is hoped MAY help. I would suggest you’re being a little optimistic there 😂
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List