Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 May 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Aaaarrrggghh Glasgow

I don't complain much, but in the last 15 months (in common with many dibbers) DH & I have spent exactly one night away from our own bed when we went to Edinburgh in August to use up a free night from Hotels.com that was going to expire. We had a nice dinner, then DH developed a cough and sore throat, fell asleep at 7pm and we spent the next morning looking for a covid test (it was the time when glitches meant the system was telling you the nearest available test centre was accross the Irish sea). It was negative and he was fine, but the fact remains, it was a ruined break.

He's 60 next week and we have 3 nights in York at a nice hotel and we can take the dog. What could be finer?

Now we can't leave flipping Glasgow because we have been kept in level 3

Anyone else care to share their frustrations this week (not just Glasgow related) to put mine into perspective
Old 15 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I don't complain much, but in the last 15 months (in common with many dibbers) DH & I have spent exactly one night away from our own bed when we went to Edinburgh in August to use up a free night from Hotels.com that was going to expire. We had a nice dinner, then DH developed a cough and sore throat, fell asleep at 7pm and we spent the next morning looking for a covid test (it was the time when glitches meant the system was telling you the nearest available test centre was accross the Irish sea). It was negative and he was fine, but the fact remains, it was a ruined break.

He's 60 next week and we have 3 nights in York at a nice hotel and we can take the dog. What could be finer?

Anyone else care to share their frustrations this week (not just Glasgow related) to put mine into perspective
Oh no it’s so frustrating. I haven’t seen my sister since last February as we have had trips postponed due to restrictions ( she lives in Newcastle I am on the Isle of Wight ) hopefully we are meeting in the middle of June she is coming for a week just hoping the Indian variant doesn’t change that .
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No wonder your mad and just look at the incidents the other day and now the idiots at the football ground
Watch the numbers jump in Lanarkshire as well
Throughly sick of it all now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post

You should be able to travel anyway. They haven't added any other restrictions to level 3 compared to when the rest of the Scotland was in level 3 and you could travel around or out of Scotland then (from 26th April). To stop you travelling out of Glasgow they would need to put you in Level 4.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Travel to or from a level 3 area is only allowed for permitted reasons ie traveling to or from work to provide care etc as published in the updated government site now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Travel to or from a level 3 area is only allowed for permitted reasons ie traveling to or from work to provide care etc as published in the updated government site now

Thanks - yes I looked that up and that's what I took from it. Have managed to postpone York till June and haven't lost our deposit. DMIL is ill anyway , so it was devine intervention not being able to go.
Old 23 May 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

OP I wonder if you can help me please?
We are going to west coast of Scotland next week for May half term.
It’s a long drive so we were breaking the journey in Glasgow.
I’ve done the postcode checker and the Premier Inn on Pacific Quay is in tier 3, although I haven’t heard anything from them yet to say we can’t go, I’m guessing it’s off, as even with a review on Friday it seems to come into force midnight Friday and we were staying Friday night.
Looking at postcode checker it appears Premier Inn Glasgow airport is in Paisley so tier 2. Is this a good backup plan do you think? I’m not missing anything? I’ve got until 1pm Friday to cancel.
Thanks
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I’ve done the postcode checker and the Premier Inn on Pacific Quay is in tier 3, although I haven’t heard anything from them yet to say we can’t go, I’m guessing it’s off, as even with a review on Friday it seems to come into force midnight Friday and we were staying Friday night.
Looking at postcode checker it appears Premier Inn Glasgow airport is in Paisley so tier 2. Is this a good backup plan do you think? I’m not missing anything? I’ve got until 1pm Friday to cancel.
Thanks
That sounds like good backup plan - the airport is in Paisley or how about something like the Holiday Inn Express at Hamilton - it is just off the M74, Strathclyde Country Park is 5 mins away in the car. Never stayed but some friends who visit family in Scotland do and say it is fine.

Edited at 11:30 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The Radstone just off just 8 Larkhall currently has some good offers Dinner Bed and Breakfast £120 based on 2 sharing
The Hamilton option is also all right
Old 24 May 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks
Hi, sorry just saw this. Yes, Paisley would be OK for a back up plan. If travelling onwards to Loch Lomondside, then there are also Premier Inns at Bearsden, Milngavie and Dumbarton, all of which have nicer surroundings than the Airport and are in Tier 2 at the moment. I'd choose Bearsden or Milngave. They are close to each other and within walking distance of Milngavie Town Centre which is pedestrianised and quite pretty and welcoming.