Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 12, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
its usually on from Thursday through to Sunday, either at 4pm or 5pm, in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel. Best to check the notice board near the stairs inside the hotel though, so you don't miss it .
I wanna see! We popped in to DLH last week to see the giant Gingerbread House and it looked lovely, didn't really think much to the Beauty and The Beast decorations tho...

Is this 'descent' the same as the 4 princess descent? I didn't realise it was ever any other characters as I've always heard of it being the princesses, one of which always being Sleeping Beauty.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 12, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CherryPie3 View Post
I wanna see! We popped in to DLH last week to see the giant Gingerbread House and it looked lovely, didn't really think much to the Beauty and The Beast decorations tho...

Is this 'descent' the same as the 4 princess descent? I didn't realise it was ever any other characters as I've always heard of it being the princesses, one of which always being Sleeping Beauty.

At DLP its fairly rare to have a Princess descent of the stairs - usually its a random collection of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Tigger etc.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 12, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
When we were there I thought it was really magical to see the princesses being marched through the park to the castle with their princes.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 12, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
Slightly off topic...can anyone remember when they used to pull the sword out of the stone...they used to pick a child out of the crowd and the sword would release and they got to be a king!

Don't think they do that anymore do they?..I talking years ago now
They still do it at Magic Kingdom -Ruler for a day. The ceremony is conducted by Merlin at the side of the Carousel.

At Paris, despite continuing to entertain guests and become a popular memory of a day in Disneyland Park, the ceremony suffered as a result of the resort's general downturn in entertainment and upkeep spending in the early 2000s, becoming less and less frequently performed before its ultimate cancellation in 2001. The show made a celebrated comeback over the busy New Year's Eve season of 2006/07, then during the St David's Welsh Festival of March 2007. Following these successful and popular performances, Merlin now returns to the Castle Courtyard on a regular basis throughout the high season days of Summer.
Old 17 Nov 12, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

At DLP its fairly rare to have a Princess descent of the stairs - usually its a random collection of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Tigger etc.
That's a shame, the people I spoke to must have just been very lucky

You'd think with it being DLH though that it would be appropriate to put the more 'exclusive' characters on the descent - this is the hotel with the princess suites. Oh well.
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

But is it open to non residents?
If they had something like the princesses decending the stairs and it was open to everyone then Disneyland hotel would be totally mobbed..and not fair to the people who have paid to stay there

If they were going to do something like that they would be better doing it at the castle
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

If they had something like the princesses decending the stairs and it was open to everyone then Disneyland hotel would be totally mobbed..and not fair to the people who have paid to stay there

If they were going to do something like that they would be better doing it at the castle
Yes I totally agree. It would be crammed to the brim, plus the stairs are right there in the reception lobby so anyone can just pop in (as we did last week for the gingerbread house).

I think something like this at the castle is a lovely idea, but again, we'd all be fighting for a good view.
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I wonder if this is why the Princesses descended at a different time than usual, to avoid being mobbed and to treat the new guests checking in?

If the descent is usually at about 4pm, the lady I spoke to said the princesses descended about lunchtime... Nobody would have been expecting it I guess.
Old 17 Nov 12, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

is what open to non residents? The Descent of the Stairs? Yes, it is. To be honest, so few people know about it (as its not advertised anywhere outside of the DLH) that unless its a special day at DLP like Bastille Day, Ascension Day etc this particular meet n greet is never mobbed. As to it being unfair to folk who have paid to stay there - it takes place in mid-afternoon when most hotel guests are in the parks.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 12, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

is what open to non residents? The Descent of the Stairs? Yes, it is. To be honest, so few people know about it (as its not advertised anywhere outside of the DLH) that unless its a special day at DLP like Bastille Day, Ascension Day etc this particular meet n greet is never mobbed. As to it being unfair to folk who have paid to stay there - it takes place in mid-afternoon when most hotel guests are in the parks.
I suppose it's easy to assume everyone knows about it as it's almost common knowledge on here. Most people on these kind of forums have heard of it.
Closed Thread