Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
I hate to break this news to some on this board, but a majority of America have no idea who the individual members of the Royal Family are and have no real interest in the monarch unless they are "doing" Europe. My American cousins, and their extended family, have no interest in our royals and would struggle to name or recognise any of them.

It is disappointing that so many have inferred that the Duchess of Sussex is to blame for splitting the Royal Family because she is a shallow, attention seeking, gold digger and are counting the days until her marriage fails.

I have felt sympathy for the younger members of the Royal Family, no choice of employment, no choice of faith, no opinions on many subjects, strict archaic rules on behaviour, permission need to marry the person you love and an obsessive media feeding an obsessive public on their every action and word.

Therefore, I admire the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for taking the decision to forge a new way of living for their family. I only hope that they are given the freedom to pursue the choice they have made.
I hate to break it to you but a majority of Americans " are " interested in our Royal Family, even more interested that a fellow American has married into that family, they aren't really stepping away from the public eye just stepping away from Royal duties, they are still going to be promoting themselves , I really can't see them being given the privacy they want / need .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Interesting that Archie is still entitled to be a Prince and HRH when Charles becomes King. I wonder how that will pan out.
Archie does not have a title nor is he a prince.
Harry and Meghan decided not to have him given a title.

Edited at 01:20 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Archie does not have a title nor is he A prince.
Not now but when he is the grandson of the King he will be.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Not so sure about that Princess Anne’s kids Zara and Peter do not have titles or HRH and they are grand children of the Queen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Not so sure about that Princess Anne’s kids Zara and Peter do not have titles or HRH and they are grand children of the Queen.
I know the act of succession has now changed but until 2012 grandchildren from the male line were entitled to be prince/ princess. Unfortunately not the female line. Prince Edward chose for his children not to be prince/ princess but lord/lady. Anne chose them to not have a title at all but they could have only been lord/lady.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

I think what I feel most sad about is that it is pretty obvious that Meghan's family are completely dysfunctional (apart from her mum) and have caused her no end of grief and she has nothing to do with them (not saying that's her fault btw) and now there is Harry who was part of a family which, although restrictive, seemed to be supportive of him and Meghan and yet there is a separation now between him and his own family, and tensions between them - almost like Meghan's own story is beginning to repeat itself (except he is pulling himself away from them). Now they are going to be miles away from Harry's close and extended family, whilst only having contact with her mum - that's extremely isolating in my opinion no matter how much they love each other and I do wonder whether that may take its toll and resentment may follow

Im going to admit that im not fan of Meghan (and its nothing to do with race!) and find it disconcerting that she felt so much hurt at her own family yet Harry is now being pulled away from his - I do wonder what some people on here, and what advice would be given if Joe Bloggs had asked for advice about there son on here and how upset they were feeling.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think the Queen made it very clear today that for her they are family regardless and nothing has changed. Yes she is disappointed but accepts the inevitability of it the way they were treated.
That’s how it read to me , I also thought she was very clear she doesn’t blame Meghan .
The trolls seem to have shut up a bit now ... probably won’t last and they are probably already casting around for their next victim.

Edited at 03:49 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I hate to break it to you but a majority of Americans " are " interested in our Royal Family, even more interested that a fellow American has married into that family, they aren't really stepping away from the public eye just stepping away from Royal duties, they are still going to be promoting themselves , I really can't see them being given the privacy they want / need .
They are very much interested and know about them. Its been mentioned alreadty about the national enquirer etc having them all over the pages at the tills in wlamart. The sitcom the middle had episodes based around the mom wanting to watch both williams and harrys weddings. When we were first in florida, having breakfast at chef mickeys both the tables eitherr side of us were asking about williams upcoming wedding and how excited were we for it (speaking as if we lived next door them!) Not all americans of course, just like not all british, but i suspect they are still able to pick them out in a line up compared to any other european royal families?

Edited at 03:55 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

At least the statement ends all the speculation now, which I think the majority of posts on this thread were based! Good luck to them, the less we see of them in the press tbh is a bonus IMO. The true Royals will go about their business now.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
No he won’t. Anne’s children or Edwards children are not HRHs.
And unless I’m mistaken he’s the nephew of the king not the grandson? (Archie)!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread