Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 May 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Las Vegas and WDW - Day 5 - April 25th 2022

My alarm went off at 8am, we slept pretty well although the room got quite hot - managed to work out the air conditioning by the end of the holiday!
We had breakfast in the room most days from our Walmart order: yogurt, fruit, and seed mix.
Last night I had suggested doing rope drop but no one else was keen, we never ended up doing it but still got in most of what we wanted to do anyway.
We left Pop at 9.50, and got straight onto a waiting MK bus! We were soon arriving at MK.

Our first priority was to meet Mickey in the Town Square Theater. A funny bit in the queue, the dad in front was asking his daughter what she was going to ask Mickey, she said "where's the food?" Haha!

As we came out Mickey's Celebration Cavalcade was going past so we stood to watch that, it was cute.

We got celebrating badges for my sister's birthday from the Emporium as we went up Main Street USA, towards BTM. The queue was shorter than the posted 45 minute wait which was good. It had been a hot morning so we headed to Splash next - our favourite ride! This was about the posted 55 minute wait, as we were on and off in an hour.

We went to Pirates next, it was about a 1 hour wait - really boring queue though!
We went to get a spot for the Festival of Fantasy Parade next.

We called in at Plaza Ice Cream Parlour, DM and DD had different sundaes and DS and I had the sugar free raspberry sorbet - it was really tasty! We found what we thought was a good spot, but after a while realised no one was already there because it was right in the direct sun.

The Parade was good, and you end up humming the tune all day! Funny thing we saw - some other guests had got cups of hot water from Starbucks and we're making instant mashed potatoes...I understand bringing your own food to the parks, but there are a lot more things I would prefer to eat in 30c heat!
We went up to near the castle and stood in the shade to wait for Mickey's Magical Friendship Faire. There was a Philharmonic Band performance about 15 minutes before the show was supposed to start - they were really impressive! But then there was an announcement that MMFF was cancelled, they did do a short show of some kind but it wasn't the whole one which was a shame.

DS and I went off to ride Space - too rough for DM and DD, think they went to Philharmagic while we were on this.

We met at the Flying Dumbos - love this ride, such a classic!

We headed towards HM, which was posted as 1 hour wait but got pixie-dusted! Before reaching the queue a CM asked us if we'd like to go through the servants' quarters and straight into the stretching room - yes please!
We headed for Jungle Cruise, this was posted 75 minutes wait so we thought we had time... 75 minutes came and went and we had to exit the queue to make our dining reservation on time. This was the only ride that seemed to constantly be a long wait, and longer than the posted time.
We had dinner at Skipper Canteen.

We were going to be sat in the Mess hall but it was really cold so we requested to move tables and ended up in the library room.

DS and I had a glass of the Cabernet Sauvingnon, it was ok, not my first choice but apparently there were some supply issues. DM tried the special non-alcoholic slush which was pineapple/coconutty and very sweet and DD had a beer.
The sustainable fish was striped bass - this was really good that both of us had it! DD had the beef ribs and DM had the tofu curry. We all enjoyed our food.

At the end they even gave my sister a special birthday dessert which was a chocolate mousse type thing.

Our server wasn't the best, he didn't actively tell us what the specials were, or that our first choice wine wasn't available, but it didn't dampen the experience too much.
Enchantment had just finished as we were leaving so we ended up in the bus queue rush, it wasn't too bad in the end and we were still back at the hotel by 10.10pm.
Old 18 May 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW who has mash potato 🤷😂😂🤦
Love your pic with Mickey 🥰
Nice dessert for your sister too, sorbet looked yummy 😋
Jungle Cruise always has such a long wait 😬

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
WOW who has mash potato 🤷😂😂🤦
Love your pic with Mickey 🥰
Nice dessert for your sister too, sorbet looked yummy 😋
Jungle Cruise always has such a long wait 😬
Mash potato, I know right?