Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jul 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Haha just the advice I needed!

Someone mentioned avoiding the Hulk... DH and DS1 went on it in 2015. It does look very scary, would I want to throw up when I got off?
I'm 55 and love the hulk it's a lovely smooth ride and I don't feel knocked about when I get off like the Rip Rocket (I love this one too). I find if I focus on the track as we go round I don't get motion sickness. The rides that make me feel iffy tend to be simulators like the Simpsons, Harry potter and transformers.
Go for it, you only live once
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I’m 65 and still go on all the rides. Did comment to DH though this time when we were queueing for Tigris at Busch Gdns that we were the oldest in the queue! Go for it. Become an adrenaline junkie !
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thank you for all your lied affirming posts. It's just what I needed to hear with my 50th birthday 2 weeks away.
Old 27 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

LIFE affirming. Blooming iPad!
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

We are both in our 50s and still enjoy the coasters - well most of them! I am scared of heights so I do have to close my eyes on the ascent sections sometimes. There have also been a few coasters which I have ridden completely with my eyes closed the first time too But even that doesn’t stop us trying most of them!
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Age is just a number! I'd still be going on all the rides when I'm that age too
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I was 26 when I first went to Orlando and I'd never been on a roller coaster (other than the old wooden one at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach).

I decided that as I'd spent that much money and travelled all those miles, I was going to have to get over it and do it.

I started with the Aerosmith coaster as there wasn't much internet back then so I hadn't a clue what it was like, what with it being indoors! I loved it and didn't even realise it had gone upside down! Since then I've been a complete adrenaline junkie and my kids are embarrassed by how much I scream and giggle 😂

I'm nearly 45 now and will be doing ALL the big rides again! But not Dr Doom's Fear Fall at Universal. Once was definitely enough!

Happy birthday and enjoy planning your adrenaline fuelled trip 😃
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019

Edited at 08:04 AM. Reason: Extras
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SophieLou
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I'm 47 and trying to do more not less! We're just back and tho i have back and neck problems, I went on everything and had a blast. The more you do the easier it gets! I only learned to swim a few years ago so was scared of water slides but I'm doing those too now, apart from body slides, i need something to hold on to! I scream in total terror which is huge source of entertainment for my daughters but it's good to just go for it and enjoy the adrenaline rush!
SophieLou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

I am 59 going in 3 weeks time and cannot wait to get on all the big rides only one I don't like but still go on it is tot

hope you have a lovely birthday

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thank you all for birthday wishes!

Coasters here I come !